No Progress At All

They have an off day from the studio and Lindsey tries to call Stevie but there is no answer. He sighs, putting the phone back down and sits at his desk, smoking his third, maybe forth joint of the day. He puts on a record and closes his eyes, laying on his leather couch. He drifts into every syllable sung, every kick of the bass drum and every vibration of the guitar strings easily, losing track of time and space. Almost in a trance, he only comes to when it goes silent.

"Time for side B" he says to himself, peeling himself off the couch to flip the record. Just as he puts the needle down, the phone rings. He groans, letting it ring a few times before he picks it up.

"Hey" he says, not disguising his annoyance in the least. He hates talking on the phone.

"Well, hey to you too. Is this a bad time? I can call back"

"Stevie? I didn't mean to be rude. Just listening to some music."

"Cool! Anyone I know?"

"England Dan. Nights Are Forever"

"Are you trying to tell me something? Sending me subliminal messages..."

"No?"

"I'd Really Love To See You Tonight..." she sings into the phone.

"If it were an offer, would you accept?" He asks, knocking his hip against the wall as he leans onto it lazily.

"I'd think about it" she says flirtatiously, curling the phone cord around her finger as she speaks to him.

"Fair enough"

"Well, you never established if it were really an offer. Don't want to get all dolled up for nothing"

"Alright, then I'm offering. Wanna hang out tonight?"

"Your place or...?"

"Wherever you want."

"I'm in the mood for Italian if you're up for it. There's a cute little place, Ricci's. Maybe you've been there?"

"I know of it. See you at 6?"

She looks at the clock "6:30?"

"Hmm you drive a hard bargain, lady, but alright. 6:30 it is" he says, playfully and she giggles.

"Perfect. See you then"

"See you, Stevie"

They hang up and both are very excited. Stevie is kind of shocked at herself. Flirting with Lindsey again? Is she really falling for him? This is ridiculous! She goes to get ready, opting for a casual, yet sexy look. A close fitting silky wrap top with kimono sleeves and tight bell bottoms jeans seems like a nice enough option, she thinks to herself as she looks at her reflection in the mirror. She slips on tall wooden platform shoes with leather straps and likes what she sees. She messes with her hair, making it a bit straighter with her signature long bangs framing her face and especially her eyes, perfectly. She does her make up in her usual Garbo fashion and layers on the bracelets, rings and necklaces. Finishing touches and she goes downstairs to wait for Lindsey.

The doorbell rings and she answers the door a little too quickly.

"Hey there!" She says, looking at him just like it were the first time. The familiar butterflies are fluttering around in her stomach instantly.

"Hey! Wow you look great" he says and she blushes.

"Thank you"

"I mean...damn, Stevie" He looks her up and down, marveling at her beautiful body.