Don't Worry

The album is released and everything is going so well. They're already getting such great reviews and the band is going out of their minds with joy. There is a party to celebrate the success and wrap up all their hard work. Tour begins soon and it will be the first time the newlyweds will be making an appearance. Stevie and Lindsey are dressed up, looking very California cool, as they meet their band mates.

"You came! You left a while ago, I thought something happened to you" Christine said, hugging Stevie.

"We got hung up"

"I'm sure you did" The tall blonde says with a smile, noticing the slight messiness of her friend's hair.

Stevie blushes, changing the subject. "Drinks, do you want one?"

"Why not. Another glass of wine, dear"

"Great and you Linds?"

"Nah, I'll just have a coke" he says.

"Alright, I'll be back."

Christine notices the engagement ring is gone and is dying to ask her what happened, so she follows Stevie to the bar.

"Hey, came to help with the drinks"

"Thanks, but I could have managed" Stevie says to her.

"So how are things? You and Lindsey seems to be disappearing a lot lately"

"Are we?"

"Don't play dumb. What's going on? You were together, you were engaged..."

"Yes we were" she says.

"Then what happened? I don't have to kill him, do I?"

"No, he's great. I promise. We are fine, better than fine"

"What about your ring?"

"Getting cleaned"

"Oh good. I was so nervous"

"You don't have to worry about me"

"You're my friend, I just know with your history with him, things get heated quickly. I don't want you to get your heart broken"

"I won't. Thank you for your concern but it's unnecessary"

"We really should meet up"

"We should!" She says, carrying Lindsey's coke and her own glass of wine while Christine carries her own, sipping it.

"You're back!" Lindsey says at the sight of her.

"Lindsey was just telling us you're officially back together. Congratulations" Mick says

"Thank you" Stevie says. "We are very happy"

"I can see that. I just hope it lasts"

"Mick, please don't start. No lectures, we are supposed to be celebrating." Lindsey says.

"I wasn't saying anything bad, I just hope it doesn't go south. I want you both to stay happy"

"Thank you. I think I can speak for Stevie and myself , we appreciate it"

They go back to idle chatter, mingling with the other guests. At the end of the night, they said their goodbyes and went back to Stevie's house where they had decided to stay. Maybe after tour they would have time to buy a house of their own and start fresh. Lindsey had big plans for their future.

Lindsey unlocked the front door and escorted her into the house with a hand pressed to the small of her back.

"Tomorrow, we start packing for tour" he says.

"Yep" She doesn't seem too enthusiastic and he knows why.

"No one can tear us apart now, Steph. You're my wife and I love you. Tour will be hard but we can make it."

"I love you too, Lindsey. We have to promise each other right now that we will talk through our problems and come to each other when something bothers us. That's always our undoing, we don't communicate."

"I promise. I promise to make you feel special and loved everyday. I want to be here for you, no matter what. You are my whole world" She leaned forward to kiss him, stunned by how loving and giving he has been in just these short weeks.

"I can't imagine loving you any more than I do and suddenly, my love for you grows."

"Aww, Stephanie. With each passing moment, I love you more and more. When I look beside me and see you there, I can't explain to you how insanely happy that makes me"

"I'm proud to stand by your side. You're my everything" They change out of their clothes, make love and fall asleep. In the next couple of days they will be back on the road.

----

"Morning, angel" he says, kissing the top of her head as she sits at the kitchen table with her tea and magazine.

"Good morning, baby. You slept late"

"Yeah, must have been tired"

"Must have" she says.

"Is something wrong?" He asks, pouring himself a cup of coffee from the pot she made and sitting down with her.

She sighs. "No, not really."

"We're supposed to talk, remember?"

"I know. It's just silly"

"Tell me. I'll be the judge of that" He takes her hand across the table.

"I think I'm just tired" she says. "I'm excited to get out there and perform our new material just..."

"The songs are heavy"

"Right"

"I can't believe I have to sing all those hurtful and mean spirited songs right to my wife" he says with a chuckle.

"At least they sound good" she says. "You're very talented"

"Thank you"

"You don't feel like that anymore so I think we will be okay, right?"

"We're going to be great. And after the tour, we can settle down and buy a house...have a baby"

"A baby?"

"Don't you want that?"

"Maybe one day" she says, smiling but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. He sees it's forced.

"We don't have to talk about it now." He says quickly.

"No, I think we should, but let's enjoy our new marriage. We can discuss it again after our first year."

"Okay" he says, disguising his disappointment.

She has often talked about wanting a child. They're married now and Lindsey believes it's the perfect time to try. They're definitely not poor anymore and their child will never want for anything. He is surprised by her reluctance. He will let it go for now but makes it a point to remember to discuss it with her soon.

She makes them a small breakfast then heads back upstairs to pack her bags. The tour will be long and arduous both physically and emotionally for both of them and she is mentally preparing herself for trouble. We can make it, she reassures herself, folding her clothes and placing things into her luggage. She is lost in thought, only coming back to reality when she felt the tears on her cheek. She wiped them away, willing herself to think positively but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to come between them yet again. Shaking her head to physically jumble the negativity in her mind, she gets up to put on a record. If she can't make herself stop, she will sure as hell try to drown it out.