Miserable

Stevie had given Mick and Lindsey both quite the tongue lashing and neither could look her in the eye. They were skating on thin ice and chose to steer clear of her ever changing moods. She could be as sweet as pie but this girl could also breathe fire.

"I have a headache!" She groaned. "Somebody get me an aspirin" She flops down onto the couch after the first show back on the road.

"Let me get you something, honey" Christine says, rushing to her purse to grab her the requested medicine and a cup of water. She hands it to Stevie and she takes it from her. She tosses the pills back and gulps the water down. She sits with her head in her hands, hunched over, when she suddenly leaps up from the couch and sprints down the hall, finding herself in the bathroom. It is there that she is violently ill. Christine motions for Lindsey to go to her but he shakes his head.

"Not it" he says, throwing his hands up in defense. Christine rolls her eyes and goes after Stevie.

"Love, are you alright?" The tall blonde knocks on the door and Stevie shoves the cubicle door open. "Oh my gosh, are you okay? You're looking a bit green around the gills"

"I'll be fine" Stevie says, trying to smile.

"If you're sick, you should rest. We have shows to do and you can't go on like this"

"It will pass"

"From what I hear, you've been sick for a couple of weeks"

"It's persistent"

"You need to see a doctor."

"I will when I feel it's necessary"

"Have you been mixing substances? A little too much of one thing or the other? Or both?"

"Nope, I've been completely sober"

"Do you think...you could be...pregnant?" Christine asks cautiously and Stevie shakes her head.

"Totally impossible. I'm on the pill and we use back up protection...when we remember"

"Alright then."

"It's probably stress. I've been on edge lately and Lindsey and I are not really speaking at the moment"

"Ah...yeah, it was pretty frosty in there"

"Mick and Lindsey lied to me and if I never seen that big, tall...fuckwad again, it will be too soon."

"What has he done now?"

"He fucked Carol and told her when we'd be in Hawaii! He betrayed me."

"He talks out of his ass like always. He does the dumbest things without thinking. What's it have to do with Lindsey?"

"Apparently he confessed to Lindsey on New Years Eve and they didn't deem it necessary to tell me until a few weeks ago"

"Shit...And you're not over it?"

"They lied to me!"

"Maybe Lindsey thought it was best Mick tell you himself. Mick always drags his feet and never admits he did something wrong when he should have"

"You're defending them?"

"No, love, but think about it. Don't get yourself so worked up."

"Fine"

"How's the headache?"

"Worse." Stevie says.

"Then let's just wrap this up and get you to the hotel."

"Okay. Thank you" Christine helps her friend off the floor and helps her back to the room the others were gathered. Stevie grabs her purse and her other belongings, before going out to meet the waiting car.

Once at the hotel, they check in only to discover she and Lindsey are booked in separate rooms. Upon hearing the news she bursts into tears, shocking her bandmates. Christine hugs her friend to her chest and once the baggage is brought up, Christine takes her up the elevator to her room. The others had already gone upstairs by that time and Stevie was in no state to be alone.

"Who booked them?" Stevie asks.

"Well, our management made arrangements but Lindsey called and changed his room reservation" This only makes Stevie cry harder and her friend tries to soothe her. "You should talk to him"

"He obviously doesn't want to talk to me"

"Try, Stevie. You're married now, you can't give up. Try to work it out. You love him, don't you?"

She nods. "With all my heart"

"Then talk to him. It's only right" Stevie nods again and gets off Christine's bed.

Christine calls for his room number and encourages Stevie the best she can, giving her the courage to knock on his door. They have been pretty rocky lately and the fact that it got so bad he couldn't share a room with her, broke her heart. It was only for a night as they would be flying back to LA for a few weeks before coming back to Texas for the remaining shows. She stands in front of the large cream colored door, trembling. She felt weak and tired, slightly nauseous still and her headache didn't cease. The tears still flowed freely and she was so nervous. She knocked softly, holding her breath.

"Hey" he said. "Would you like to come in?" She nodded and he pressed a hand to the small of her back as she walked past him.

"Why d-did you do it?" She asked in a near whisper.

"Do what?" She motioned to the room and he sat down, hanging his head. "I...I didn't think you'd want to stay with me. You're so angry. You won't even let me touch you most days"

"I'm sorry" she says, tearfully.

"I'm sorry too. I've said it a thousand times. I'm so sorry. I didn't want to keep it from you but it wasn't my place to say"

"That's what Christine said. You wanted Mick to tell me himself"

"Exactly"

"I don't want us to be this way. I want my husband back."

"And I want my wife. We were so happy, Steph."

"Do you think we can be happy again?" Stevie asks.

"I know we can, baby" he says. "Can I hold you?"

"Please"

He pulls her into an embrace and kisses the top of her head as she cries. She sways on the spot and Lindsey has to hold her up. "Are you still sick?"

"Yes"

"We should see someone. This is anything but normal"

"Don't lecture me right now. Just love me"

"Another day." He says. "I love you. I will always love you"

"I love you too." She tells him and he kisses her lips ever so softly. "I'm sorry for all of this. I've missed you so much"

"I've missed you too. Let's get you to bed."

"I don't want to be alone." Stevie says, whimpering a little as she feels truly terrible.

"You won't be. Do you want to stay here or do you want me to come back to your room with you?"

"Can I stay?"

"Of course." She strips to next to nothing and Lindsey supports her so she can take off her makeup and brush her teeth. She lets down her hair and Lindsey brings her to the bed. Sleep comes easily from pure exhaustion. He watches her sleep, finding a peaceful expression on her face for the first time in weeks. He curls into her and holds her tightly, drifting off to sleep.