Why? Because...

Lindsey sees Stevie pass him and he feels like something isn't right. He follows her, finding her crying in the bedroom.

"What happened?"

"I heard G-gertie talking ab-bout me with your mom." She stammers, trying her best to calm herself down. "She thinks I'm black magic, that I'm an evil witch...she hates me!" Stevie wails.

"Stephanie, Gertie lives in a cottage in Maine away from society. And it's a good thing too because she's so square she won't even listen to the radio. She's a downer, babe. I don't even know why she's really here. She doesn't like my mom either"

"I want your family to like me, Linds. That means a lot to me. I won't be anywhere I'm not wanted"

"You are wanted. My mother loves you, my father adored you...I don't understand why you care"

"Because"

"Because why, Steph? Why does it even matter? We do what we want to anyway."

"I don't like the negative energy. It radiates off of her and I feel it instantly as I walk into the room. I don't think I can do this"

"You are so strong, stronger than you think. Do you want me to talk to her?"

"No, just...maybe I should go"

"I thought we came here to talk about our marriage" Lindsey was taken aback. He certainly didn't want her to leave.

"This was supposed to be good news but it won't be to her. And what if she's right, what if I'm not good for you?"

"Do you know how crazy that sounds? Let's try one more time with her. We can both leave if she's going to be nasty to you."

"I just want her to like me" Stevie says sadly.

"She's lame. She doesn't have to like you. She will be leaving soon, hopefully never to be seen again and we can go back to living our beautiful little life." Stevie gives him a look, not appreciating how awful he's being about someone who is his own flesh and blood, regardless of how she is being treated by them. "I don't get where this is coming from. Tell me- why do you give a fuck? My family barely associates with her" He keeps pushing the issue and she getting frustrated. Why can't this be easy?

"Because I'm pregnant, Lindsey, and I want this baby to be loved" she says, tears falling down her face.

"You're pregnant?" He asks, a huge smile spreading across his face and she nods. "Angel, that's amazing"

"You think so?" She asks, sniffing.

"I know so. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tour just ended, I wanted to surprise you. Just not like this... are you happy?"

"I'm thrilled. Wow, a baby, Stephanie!" He kisses her, feeling her tears splash onto his face. "I didn't know you were off the pill"

"I wasn't. Our little one is just very determined. They must feel like they have to be born into this world"

"Are you healthy?"

"Yes. The doctor gave me medicine to help with the vomiting and I was able to wean myself off of them a couple of weeks ago. I'm taking prenatal vitamins to make sure the baby gets all the nutrients it needs."

"Wow....this is so great. I'm going to be a father. And you, you're going to be a mom, Steph" His excitement brought her so much joy. It was palpable.

"I know, I can't believe it. Isn't it something?"

"It sure is" he kisses her again, holding her. His mother knocks on the door though it's open a crack and Lindsey tells she's welcome to come in.