Leave It All Behind

Stevie was twirling her baton, dancing around the field as the music boomed. Lindsey was helping to conduct a little and Christine was lounging with a glass of wine or walking about with the John standee when Mick didn't have it. They were having so much fun, Stevie's single glass of wine turned into three and she was having the time of her life. She was slightly tipsy but still very alert. When she was done playing, she went back to her son. He was never too far away. At some point Lindsey sat with them in the stands and listened to the band with eyes closed.

"Did we bring sunscreen? I don't want to burn" Stevie said.

"I don't think so, honey." Lindsey tells her. "Sorry"

"Boo"

"We can leave soon"

"No, its okay. Everyone is having a blast and Leo just loves the music. He's going to be just like daddy, my little musical genius."

"Do you think?"

"I know so. I bet he could be an amazing drummer or guitarist...or maybe he will play piano"

"He could sing, like mama"

"And daddy"

"He's going to be a force in this world" Lindsey says.

"Yes, I think he will. He's captured my heart, that's for sure"

"It's only right, considering you captured mine"

Aww...Lindsey" Stevie says, laying her head on his shoulder. "Sometimes you're so cute"

"I try"

"No you don't and that's what makes it even better"

"I will take that as a compliment. Thank you."

"It was a compliment, you silly man" Stevie kisses his jaw and looks back at her son. He's fallen asleep on her chest and she strokes his back. "You've given me such a special gift, Lindsey"

"You did all the hard work."

"Still, I would have never been so happy without you. I honestly didn't know if I would ever get this"

"Me either but I'm glad we did"

"Me too"

"I want more" Stevie says suddenly after several long minutes.

"Whatever happened to me not being allowed to touch you with my thing until he's a year old" he says, reiterating her words and she giggles.

"I don't know. Since having him, my family is truly the only thing that matters. I love writing songs and performing and dancing and touring but at the end of the day...I could leave it all behind"

"You don't mean that, do you Stevie?"

"I don't know. I think I do."

"Wow..." Lindsey sits back, stunned. "I never thought I'd hear you say that"

"I didn't either. I'm starting to think that's how I really feel. You and Leo make my life worth living. I will never stop writing but putting out a little album here and there would be enough for me"

"Buckingham Nicks?"

"Maybe"

"We would have to really think about this, Stephanie"

"I know and I'm not leaving yet, that's for sure"

"Yet..." he says, marinating on her words. She's thrown him a curve ball and it's hard to process.

"I'm going to walk around for a little bit"

"Want me to keep Leo?"

"No, I want to hold him"