Smooth Sailing

Warning: sexual activities

Things at Warner had settled down a little once she came in for the next meeting. The higher ups all greeted her so warmly and were completely different than they were in meetings without her there. They quickly realized just how unavailable Stevie was. Her little boy clung to her, balanced on her hip. Her purse was slung over her shoulder and the baby girl bump was the main focus. If they were shocked, the men held their composure.

Things at home, however, heated up to a raging fire when she mentioned she had sent the letter to Carol.

"Are you fucking crazy?" Lindsey shouted, nearly worn out from the fight that was pretty much lasting all day.

"We've been around and around over this"

"Now she has our address! You've truly lost your marbles, Stephanie. Those baby hormones have turned your little mind to mush. You don't even think"

She narrowed her eyes, her blood pressure rising and he was just waiting for Mt Vesuvius to erupt in their living room. "Obviously, your little ex girlfriend knew before. She sent letters here when we were expecting Leo, trying to scare us. I need closure. "

"How are you going to get closure when you've just opened another can of fucking worms?!"

"I'm done, I'm not talking about this."

"This isn't over until I say it is!" He booms.

"Stop yelling at me, Lindsey. I'm not in the mood to fight"

"What are you in the mood for then?" He fired back, despite Stevie's quiet response. Stevie goes over to him and stares at him, straight in the eyes and Lindsey is still huffing. He's so mad. His arms are crossed over his chest and he isn't backing down. "Well?" Stevie places her hands at either side of his face and lays the most smoldering kiss on his lips. Lindsey wears a shocked expression when she pulls away. She gives him a look that says she still angry at him and he doesn't know what to do.

"If you don't come upstairs right now, I will kill you without a stitch of remorse" she says in a dark tone. She turns and heads up the stairs to their room. Lindsey follows and shuts the door behind them.

"You think we aren't going to talk about this?" He asks, irritation still in his voice.

"Your choice Lindsey, talk or fuck?" She says, crossing her arms and shifting her weight to one hip. He looks at her, stopping to stare at her impressive cleavage.

"Fuck" he says as he pounces on her, kissing her hard and grabbing a handful of hair at the back of her head.

"Great choice, baby" she says, devouring his neck. She pushes him back into the bed and tears at his clothes. She flings his tee shirt over her shoulder and he smiles up at her as she quickly unzips his jeans. She pulls them off roughly and they join the shirt on the floor. He pulls her dress over her head and she pulls down her own panties. He unclasps her bra, taking a nipple in his mouth and bites it teasingly. "Mmmm" she moans. He guides himself inside of her and they both gasp. "I love you" she says

"I love you too"

They quickly find a rhythm as she grinds her hips into his and feeling things they hadn't felt with each other in so long. Their love life was healthy but she was beginning to not feel as confident, this time his woman was in control and he loved it. She rose up onto her knees a little more, almost letting him come out before she slammed back down on top of him. She was so sensitive, she almost lost it but she wasn't done yet. She stroked his face and kissed his chest, lowering herself as much as she could as his hands roamed wildly over her body. "Yes!" He breathed, as she fondled him, never neglecting any part of his body. A sharp intake of breath for a great breath out as he began to peak. "Keep going, baby" he said, groping a breast and kissing every part of her he could reach. His hand tangled in her hair again and he bit her neck and sucked at the tender flesh below her ear, listening intently to the song of her ecstasy. He felt her clench and release around him and it set him up for the most mind blowing climax, possibly of their relationship. He groaned loudly, endlessly whispering her name in her ear as he pulled her down on top of him. "You are perfect" he said.

"Thank you" She began to weep and he released his hand a little to stroke her hair instead of pull it like he had previously. "I love you Lindsey"

"No more tears. I love you too, Stephanie."

"I can feel you now" she says.

"I'm sure you can" he said, trying to lighten her mood. She smiles a little.

"No, I'm serious. Before when we would...do this, when our boy was lost to us, there would be nothing. It was just friction and bodily satisfaction but nothing emotional or deep. I can feel you now, you're here, I'm here."

"We're back." He says. "We're finally reconnected completely"

She nods, tears still falling down her cheeks. "Yes we are."

"Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary" she repeats and kisses him. She allows him to withdraw and they lay together, soul to soul, heart to heart. Their warmth radiating off their bodies, limbs entwined.

"I couldn't imagine we'd be like this three years ago" Lindsey strokes her hair back to kiss her forehead as she lay in the crook of his body, her head on his shoulder.

"I couldn't either. We've said this before but I think we might be crazy" she says.

"Crazy in looooove" he says and she giggles.

"That's true."

"I love you more than I ever have before and my love for you just keeps on growin'."

"When did you get so romantic?"

"Woman, I was always romantic"

"Sure, Linds" She says sarcastically before getting lost in her memories, smiling softly as she traces hearts in his bare chest.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, I don't know. Just us. All we've been through. We're a family now and I never in a million years..." she shakes her head. "It's a miracle"

"It definitely is. Smooth sailing from here on out?"

"You know that if it's us, it will never be smooth sailing"

"We will stick together though, right?" He says, sticking his pinkie out.

"Forever" she says, hooking her pinkie finger with his.

"Forever and ever" They both kiss their thumbs to seal their pact and lay in the quiet. No words were necessary. The phone didn't ring, the baby didn't cry, no one knocked on the door. Pure, perfect silence.