Worried

Coming home for a couple of weeks was a dream come true. She was comforted by the familiarity, she craved it. Stevie lay in bed and slept mostly. She felt absolutely awful and Lindsey became increasingly worried. She was losing weight, there were dark circles under her eyes and she was generally not herself.

"I'm taking you to the doctor" Lindsey tells her. "I won't allow for any argument. We are going"

"No, I'm fine. I swear."

"Stevie you haven't been out of bed for over a week. Something is wrong and I'm scared"

"Call Christine"

"I can take you."

"No..."

"Why don't you want me there?" He asks, irritation in his voice. "Come on, Steph"

"That's it, I'm not going" she says, turning over in bed and pulling the blankets up around her.

"Yes you are" He says, feeling rather determined. She buries herself in the covers and he stares down at her then walks out of the room. She drifts back off to sleep but is woken up again by a soft, low voice.

"Stevie, Lindsey has called me in a panic. You're not any better?"

"I'm fine right here. You've wasted a trip" Stevie croaks.

"Come on, love. I'm taking you to the doctor"

"I don't need to go to the doctor" Christine rips back the covers and is shocked by her tiny frame.

"Stevie, what are you down to? You look so frail!" She gasps.

"I can't keep anything down" Stevie explains.

"No wonder Lindsey is worried. Please, let me at the very least bring you in so they can look you over. Maybe they can give you medicine to help with the vomiting"

"Alright"

"You're going?" Lindsey asks, coming back into the room fully as he was standing at the doorway hoping Christine could do her usual magic on his stubborn spouse.

"I'm going just so you guys will finally leave me alone" She says, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Unsteady on her feet, Christine supports her and walks her to the bathroom to let her take a bath and wash her hair. Stevie emerges feeling slightly refreshed, puts on a simple blouse and skirt and opts for boots without such a tall heel. She applies light makeup with shaky hands and kisses her husband goodbye. "I love you Lindsey"

"I love you too baby. I hope the doctor can give you some answers"

"Me too"

------

The waiting room has quite a few people in it, making Stevie uncomfortable. She puts her head down and places a magazine in front of her face. She is grateful when they call her name and she heads back.

"See you in a bit" Christine says and Stevie nods. She sits in the cold white room, waiting for a knock on the door from the doctor. It feels like an eternity. She has yet another headache, her stomach was unsettled and though she sat perfectly still, its as if she were adrift at sea. The wanted knock comes and she sits a bit straighter by reflex alone.

"Stephanie" the female doctor says. "I'm Doctor Wilson"

"Please, call me Stevie. It's nice to meet you"

"Likewise, Stevie. Tell me about you symptoms"

"I've been so nauseous and tired, achy...I think I've been dealing with stomach flu or something. I've been on the road for months and months. My immunity must be way down"