When It's Raining

The first weeks of the tour are beautiful and wonderful. Lindsey and Stevie see life though rose colored glasses and neither can do wrong. They're happy and as giggly as school children. Christine and the others notice a distinct change in behavior and are grateful for calm seas. As the tour dates progress and they come back from Europe to begin the second leg of the American tour dates, the cracks begin to show.

"Stevie, get your shit together. We have to go!" Lindsey yells, tossing her things at her to put in the suitcase.

"I'm trying"

"This was supposed to have been done days ago. Everyone is waiting on you. You do this all the time"

"Then go downstairs with everyone else instead of being up here yelling at me. I'm tired and I would much rather do this in peace"

"Oh you're tired? So is everyone else!"

"Well I've been battling this cold for a week, my body aches and my voice is hoarse and it hurts. Can't you hear it? I think I have every right to be a little tired"

"Whatever, Stevie"

"Don't sit next to me on the plane"

"Wasn't planning on it. You're acting like a real bitch lately"

"Yes and you've been an absolute dream" she says sarcastically. He stands there staring at her, all the while Stevie is bent over, shoving things into her luggage. "You know, you could help" she says.

"Or you could have done it when I asked you to"

"I'm not your slave" she says, standing up. "I don't have to do everything you tell me to do"

"You don't have to do everything but my god, you could do at least something I ask of you" Lindsey shouts and Stevie doesn't speak or look up him, going back to shoving things in her luggage. He scoffs, watching her. "You're really going to ignore me?" No answer. "Mature"

Lindsey paces the room. "You're making me uncomfortable" she says

"Then hurry up" he yells. She jumps at his shouting and he instantly regrets how he acted toward her.

"Let me help you, angel"

"No, I've...I've got it on my own" she tells him. "I don't need your help anymore. See you downstairs"

"Stevie..."

"See you downstairs" she repeats and he turns to leave.

"I love you" he says but she doesn't stop what she's doing or speak a word. "Good job, Lindsey" he says to himself, hopping in the elevator.

Stevie feels a little guilty about how she spoke to Lindsey, telling him to leave, but he has been treating her really bad lately, always screaming and yelling. He can physically forceful at times without realizing it but she puts it down to stress. She finishes up and gathers her bags. A baggage assistant puts them onto his cart and goes down the service elevator to load up the van that would follow the cars onto the tarmac. She pulls her backpack onto her shoulders and goes down the elevator.

"Finally!" John says. "Did you get lost?"

"No, I was still packing."

"Typical you" Chris says. "You look tired, don't you ever sleep?"

"It's been tough. Battling a cold and my body is a wreck right now"

"Poor thing! Well hopefully on the plane we can get some rest"

"I hope so"

"Do you need breakfast before we go?"

"No, I'll eat on the plane or when we land"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, honey. Let's get going. I've held everyone up enough" she says looking directly at Lindsey and he looks away.

They go out to the cars and Stevie gets in a different car to Lindsey. No one questions her as they can see she isn't in the mood to talk right now. Once on the plane she gets her blanket from her bag and covers herself from top to toe, falling asleep. Lindsey sits next to her, stroking her hair. Though he tries to do it softly so he doesn't wake her up, she stirs, opening her eyes.

"Hey" she says, her voice rough from sleep.

"Hey, I'm sorry for being a jerk earlier"

"It's okay tensions are high"

"Yeah they are. I don't want to be on bad terms with you. After tour, I want a family and I'm never going to get it from you if I act that way." he tells her in a whisper, leaning over her. She narrows her eyes and turns over so her back was to him. "What did I say?" He asks.

"If you have to ask, you are dumber than you look"

"Stevie..."

She turns back over to face him. "You're just being nice to me because of a baby that doesn't even exist"

"Yet" he points out, as if it makes a difference.

"I can't talk to you right now. I'm too angry. I'm going back to sleep. When I wake up again, you better not be sitting there still"

"Fine" he says, getting up and going back over to Mick and John.

Stevie drifts back off to sleep, only waking up when they land. She gathers her things groggily, and stumbles down the stairs. She wind from the engines is whipping her hair around and Lindsey is looking at her from afar. She feels his eyes on her and smiles briefly. He smiles back but looks away, afraid she's still mad at him. They transfer into the waiting long black car to get to the hotel.

"It's good to be back in America." Lindsey says "Right, Stevie?"

"Yeah" she says.

"Are you still mad?" He asks and she shakes her head.

"No, baby. I'm sorry. But you have got to curb that temper."

"I'm sorry, I will try my very best. Promise."

She kisses him softly, stroking his face. "I love you"

"I love you too Mrs B" he whispers and she smiles.

"I love hearing you say that"

"I can't wait to get to the hotel"

"Neither can I"

The car drops them off at the hotel, their bags are brought up to their rooms.

"We're alone" he announces and Stevie gives him a beautiful smile. He wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her.

"Are they expecting us for dinner tonight, all together? " Stevie asks before kissing him again.

"I don't think so, why?"

"Good, because we could be a while"

"Oooh" says, pushing her onto the bed. He strips her clothes off quickly, pressing kisses all over her naked body and begins their long night of lovemaking.