Chapter Thirteen: My Enemy Used To Be My Best Friend

Here goes CHapter Thirteen :)

ENJOOOOY!

xx Mone(:

Recap:

“Lacey told me to give this to you,” She gave me an ‘I-feel-bad-for-you’ look and walked off to meet up with Ryan, who was waiting patiently for her. They clasped hands and got into his car. Alexia had ridden with Lexi and Alyssa, these other two girls from the team.

I stared at the note, trying to get why Jennifer gave me that look. Then it hit me, Jennifer must’ve thought Lacey was kicking me off the team. But of course, she wouldn’t; Lacey needed to keep me close.

Because, you know what they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

*

I paced around my room waiting for Alexia. She hadn’t seen the note yet, because she went out with the rest of the team. I still hadn’t opened it, anxious that there would be some secret knock out gas or bomb hidden inside. Though, I was probably over reacting, I still paced the living room until I heard the familiar click of a key being slid into a lock and the lock clicking it, letting you know the door was now unlocked.

“Alexia,” I semi-yelled and stopped my pacing and ran up to her. She jumped, expecting me to be training or asleep. It was already half past 11 o’clock. I stared at Alexia, taking in her outfit. She was wearing a short plain black skirt that stopped mid-thigh with a tight tank top, showing a little too much cleavage for my liking. Personally, she looked like a slut. “You look like a fucking whore.” I walked away into the kitchen with her trailing behind me. I grabbed an apple from our fruit basket and tossed it into the air a few times before taking a bite and leaning against the counter. She leaned against the fridge and huffed out a dramatic sigh.

“What’s wrong with my outfit?”

“First, let’s start with where the fuck were you? And second, your skirt is pretty much riding up your ass showing your ALL LACE underwear and your boobs are about to pretty much pop out of your shirt, like come on Alexia, you look like a fucking prostitute.” I sneered, irritated at my best friend, one for leaving me here and second, letting me get all panicky over a note that was shoved deeply into my back pocket.

“Oh,” she let out a sigh and just shrugged.

“Yeah, oh,” I grunted and pushed past her, just for her to grabbed my arm and spun me around so I faced her. I stared at her face blankly, blinked and then yanked my arm away.

“What the fuck has your panties in a twist?”

I shoved the note in her face, as I sat on our bar stool and huffed a sigh.

“That,” I pointed at the note while staring at the counter, “has my panties in a twist.”

“Who’s it from? Who gave it to you? Where did you even get this from?”

“It’s from Lacey, Jennifer gave it to me and Jennifer told me that Lacey said to give it to me.” I sucked in a breath and continued, “I haven’t opened it, because I waiting for you and your skanky self.” I looked at her but she just kept staring at the note, totally oblivious to my comment.

She handed it back to me, and sat down on the bar stool across the island from me.

“Open the note, Liza.” She said in an eerily calm voice.

I opened the note, and was about to read it aloud when a crash filled our silence.

Alexia and I’s head snapped up, as I grabbed my weapons that were sprawled on the ground in the living room, shoved the note in my pocket and watched as Alexia armed herself as well.