Chapter Three: Facing Reality

I stared eye to eye with Allen. My best friend and the guy I once loved.

"Allen." My voice soft but stil carried so I knew he could hear me.

His well built figure ran from the door adn to the right. Shit. Chairman wasn't going to like this one. I had just let a innocent witness a kill, now that same innocent had to be treated as a target.

I ran fter him , as he ran the corner into  a dark and cut off alley. I smiled slightly, Allen was never good with high pressured situations. Appearently, this was still true to this day. I flicked back my wrist and a ninja star went directly into Allen's leg. He fell to ther ground wth a groan.

"Allen!"

"Liza." His breath coming in shawoller.

"Dude, calm down! Breath normally for Christ's sakes! I just got you in the leg! It's not the end of the world, kid, Get over it." I sighed, exsapperated. I, then, muttered under my breath. "For now, anyways."

"Liza?! What the hell!?"

"Shut up Allen! Just shut up, shut up, shut up! You have nor right, and I mean no right, to talk right now! You two cent cheating bastard!" His face looked a taken back but than it quickly switched to remorse and than to an emotionless mask.

I took a deep breath and countinued.

"Are you still friends with my brother?"

"Ye-yes." His voice coming out flustered.

"Your going to help me out on something, okay Allen?" I asked, while streching out every word so he could understand.

I pulled out my gun and turned it into a kill shot towards his heart.

"Or, I'll shoot you in your god damn heaad! You wont live to see another day. Got it?"

He nodded slowly.

I took my star from his leg and put it back in place on my belt.

"And Allen?" He lookde up from his wounded leg. "Don't and I repeat, DON'T tell anyone about this little encounter." He nodded vigrousely.

I turned to walk away as a sharp pain filled my back and shoulder. i saw a dart gun pointed at me from Allen as I turned around slowly. My eyes begin to droop as I fought to keep them open. Allen's body stood over mine as I fell to the ground.

He had a smug smile on and than winced just as he was about to kick me in my side. I readied for the impact but it never happened. His leg was probably to wounded to be able to finish with it. I grimaced as my brain begin to become really foggy and I had to force to keep my eyes open. Everything was a haze so the blackness surrounded me. My councisousness slipped away.

***

Everything was coming clearer and clearer. But I couldn't open my eyes. I didn't know if I was dead or not. Was I in heaven? Did I die on a mission?

A few voices crept in, slowly.

"What the hell is she doing here!?" A voice screeched. I winced inside, which probably couldn't be seen by them because there conversation countinued.

"Man, she killed Johnson and Stevens."

"So?" A voice growled, getting angrier by the second.

"They were...but there Libson's best men!"

Libson. That name sounded errily famailar.

He's a bad man. The voice inside my head growled, as if digusted with him.