Sweet Dreams

AN: Here's chapter seventeen! Enjoy, it won't be peaceful for long.

>|<>|<>|<

The rest of the day passed by quickly as I spent time with Edward and his family.

I didn't really consider myself a part of his family. I mean, it'd be nice, but I was used to a life on the run. Settling down would mean risking my neck and possibly getting caught by erasers. It was a horrifying thought, the last thing I wanted was to be dragged kicking and screaming back to the School.

Later that night I sat with Edward in the living room, watching a movie about a guy owning a zoo and being able to talk to animals. I made plenty of snarky comments, amused by the thought of being able to talk to animals.

We were alone, and when the movie ended, we spent the time kissing and cuddling. Edward's kisses were the best thing ever. His lips were like pure velvet over steel, caressing my own lips lovingly. I couldn't get enough of him.

It was the same for him, I was aware of. The way he caressed my face. When he squeezed me to his cold marble chest. His voice breathing my name. The love in his eyes.

I pulled back from his lips to look in his eyes.

"My room?" I asked him.

"What about mine? I got a bed put in there today for you to sleep in," He said, looking down at me.

I hadn't even noticed a bed being moved through the house. Strange.

"Alright," I whispered.

Edward lifted me up in his arms and in the blink of an eye we were in his room. I choose not to comment on him running with me upstairs.

I looked around his room, noticing the queen sized bed with golden covers. It matched the overall color scheme, which was golden. I had to admit, I liked it. I liked that he thought of me. After all, he had no need for a bed.

"Do you like it Bella?" Edward asked, with me still in his arms.

"I love it," I purred, turning in his arms to plant a kiss on his lips.

He looked pleasantly surprised at the kiss, but went along with it.

"Good," he murmured. "Because you're moving into my room. We'll leave your other room for show when there are visitors."

I wondered if that time would ever even come. Surely the erasers knew where I was. It was no secret, after all. It wouldn't be long before they starting hunting the area for me.

"That sound's perfect," I whispered, stretching my neck to rub my face against his.

Edward carried my to the bed and gently laid me down on it. I had already gotten ready for bed before the movie, so I was in my pajamas. In a blink of an eye Edward and I were under the cover, and then his arms were around me.

He sighed, breathing my name, before humming a lullaby I'd never heard. It had no words. It was just a beautiful song that seemed made just for me. I fell asleep to the sound of his musical, velvet voice. Never before have my dreams seemed so sweet, so peaceful. It was perfect and I never wanted to leave the safe haven of his arms.