Not Tonight

The short trip to the house was playful yet a little vicious, the guys were all throwing fairly harmless spells at each other; much the Snapes surprise Remus threw Levicorpus at Sirius and refused to let him down until he was inside the house.

Sirius after hitting the ground in a thud brushed it off knowing exactly what he would do, he calmly walked into the house and flicked his wand at Remus leaving Remus speechless. Sirius glared at him evilly "Fucker" he said quietly as he walked past him.

Severus just stood back and watched them in amusement. None of them knew the secret of the bottle they were desperate to not get stuck with. Lily of course had beaten them all inside already sipping on a glass of whiskey. Sirius and Remus were scuffling in the floor trying their best to beat the other one; not realizing Snape wasn't even trying.

Severus body bound them together just for his amusement then Langlocked Sirius as well, without ever moving from his spot or using his wand. When the two stopped fighting the bind Severus walked over to them. Towering over them with a rather amused face "Neither of you will touch that bottle. First, because should you touch that bottle you would have a stinging hand for several hours. Second, that bottle isn't meant for consumption. I have saved that bottle for reasons I don't have to explain to you. Now, should you two decide to act like grown ups I will remove all binds. Nod your head that you will behave and I will counter both spells." Sirius and Remus nodded in agreement and Severus removed the body bind and both Langlocks. With a wave of his hand toward the liquor cabinet "Now you may pick your poison on the exception of the aforementioned bottle."

"Sev, why are you protecting a bottle of Strawberry Hill?" Lily asked suspiciously.

Severus turned on heel unashamed "That bottle was in my car the night at the cabin. I refused to tell you it was there because you were already quiet intoxicated and I felt you had reached your limit. I didn't want you sick the next day. I saved it as a reminder of that night."

Lily teared up "I can't believe you have saved that all this time. Not to mention charmed it."

Severus pulled Lily into a tight hug "Love, you'd be surprised at the things that are charmed around here. Don't worry, they aren't charmed against you. You may touch anything you wish." Kissing her forehead before letting her go.

Lily blushed and returned to sipping her drink. Sirius and Remus seemed to be almost back to normal, they were whispering and throwing evil glances at Snape. Severus just smiled knowing he could easily fend them off now. He had learned a lot in the past few months, even things that weren't dark and dangerous.

That thought was almost a curse in itself, the thought barely fluttered past his thoughts when he felt that familiar burn "Dammit! Not tonight!" Severus yelled clutching his left arm. He looked at Lily desperately "I'm so sorry love. Call Shelby and should I not return in two hours time call for Albus and DO NOT GO OUTSIDE THIS HOUSE!" Severus managed through gritted teeth and searing pain.

Lily ran to him before him could disapparate; she kissed him like she would never see him again, tears already streaming down her face "I love you." she choked out.

"I love you." Severus managed in a much softer tone than he thought was possible in his current state. With a crack he was gone, leaving a devastated wife and two remorseful friends.

Through sobs Lily managed "Sh....Shelby".

Shelby arrived in an instant, immediately knowing what was needed of her. "Madame, Shelby is here. Can Shelby do anything for you?" the pitiful little elf asked.

Lily just shook her head as she slid down the cabinet doors ending up in the floor holding herself in a sobbing mess. Shelby gingerly sat next to Lily waiting orders or to defend her new Madame with her very life.