Chapter 27~ Nicholas Harrison

How could I possibly see Matthew now?

I wanted to hurt him like he had me.

I wanted him to feel the betrayal I was feeling right now.

But it was against my beliefs to do something like that.

"Emily?" Edward asked me.

I looked at him. He had concerne looks.

"Are you going to be all right?" Edward tried to come to me again but I stepped away.

"Good bye, Edward." I said hoarsely and using my speed I walked out of the trainning room.

[How could he... he told me he... you're a fool Emily, a damn fool.] I thought.

I didn't wait for Matthew to pick me up so I went through the forest to get to the Heartstein mansion.

While I was running and thoughts of how to kill Matthew ran through my head, I was suddenly struck by something which sent me half-way across a near by meadow and I landed with a huff.

I looked up and not too far away were four demons. They looked like regular men through a mortal's eyes but through a vampires' you could see their true form. Tall, broad shoulders, big muscles and red skin. Marks on their bodies. The marks identified their status in their military.

The second to my right was the leader because the scar going across his face indicated he was Captain.

I got on my feet with ease and gave them a bored look.

"Let me guess.'Join us or die'."

They looked at their Captain with surprised look.

"Don't think I know you're after?" I took a step and the other demon's body tensed. I smirked.

"Somehow I thought you would be ta--"

"Taller, I know." I cut the Captain off and he seemed pissed about. "A little more scarier. Sorry to disappoint you boys."

"Then you'll be easy to take down."

"Don't underestimate your opponent." I jabbed my finger like you would a kid who had stolen a cookie.

The Captain charged at me with speed, but to me he was going in slow motion. When he was close he went for punch on the face. Swiftly I moved and caught his arm. I went in a circle and threw him back towards his men. He landed on his feet and growled at me.

He charged at me again. Punch, duck, kick, block, punch, block and I hit him in the stomach in the process. I heard his ribs crush into pieces. The Captain landed in front of his men defeated and moaning in pain.

"Leave now." I spat at the other demons. They looked into my eyes and all I saw in theirs was fear. They shimmered away but the Captain was left behind. I approached the Captain. "You attacked me on the wrong day. If it was another I might've spared your pathetic life, but today was a bad day to mess with me."

I extend my hand and a sword appears. I take the sword with both of my hands and brought it above my head and the brought it down to the demon's heart. The demon screamed in pain but I twisted the sword, cold blooded, and the demon turned to ashes.

The sword disappears and I make my way back to the Heartstein mansion. I was reliefed to know Matthew wasn't there. I went to my room and used my powers to pack my things, which wasn't much.

When I was down stairs, Matthew was waiting for me with a confused look on his face.

"I went to pick you up and you weren't there." Matthew came over to me and leaned down for a kiss but I moved my face so he kissed my cheek instead. "What's wrong?"