Chapter 14~ Betrayal

[Edward's Point Of View]

I walked over to my friends.

"A human?" Alistair scoffed.

I frowned. "What is wrong with her?"

"Physically, absolutely nothing, but... she's a human." Alistair said.

"I think I... love her." I confessed.

Alistair and George started to laugh hysterically; Neville only shook his head at his friend’s reaction.

"Come on guys, he's serious." Neville growled.

The guys stopped because they knew how Neville got whenever he got mad.

"He can't love her, she's a mortal!" Alistair pointed out.

"And he's the Prince of Vampires... soon to be King." George added.

"Thank you for the reminder." I scowled at them.

"Look, we're just looking out for you. I mean, I've seen the way your mom looked at Emily and she's definitely not okay with it." Alistair lectured.

"You could be disowned for even thinking of spending eternity with her. Is she worth it?" George asked.

I hesitated a little.

[Is Emily worth giving up my position?] I thought.

"Yes." I answered in a whisper. "She's most definitely worth it."

"Hold up guys, you're leaving one tiny detail out... does she know whom you really are?" Neville asked and my dead heart sank.

"No." I answered.

"You have to tell her before you make any decisions." Neville said.

"Wait, Edward, think about this. You're not really going to give up Vampire Royalty for a...for a... mere human girl?!" Alistair looked like he was about to die... not possible of course.

"Yeah, I mean, look what you're going to lose for that girl," George starts to lift fingers as he counts. "One, hot vampire girls, two hot human girls, and three a chance at ruling the entire Vampire world!"

But as George counted those things nothing mattered because I would still have Emily besides me.

She's worth even more than Vampirism Royalty.

"I love her and I'm going to give it all up for her." I realized like something huge, Emily had taken over everything in my life. "I need to go find her."

I walked away from my friends and went back to the spot where I had left her, but she was gone.

I looked around frantically but I couldn't smell her any where near.

"Son," my mother called. "I think she's in the library." She smiled sweetly.

"Thank you." I was half-unsure of what to say of her kindness.

I walked out of the ball room and down the hall to the library.

[Wonder how she managed to open this door?] I thought as I opened it.

If I had a beaten heart it would have stopped right there and then.

"Emily" I said barely above a whisper, but this stopped her and... Matthew Heart-stein from... kissing. I felt like my world was crashing down.

But soon my sorrow turned into anger as I saw Matthew smirking.

[Guess she doesn't love you after all. Want to guess who taught her to kiss.] He thought to me.