Chapter 12~ Emily's Boyfriend

Most of you are now thinking “When the heck do you turn into a creature of the night?!”, but remember my friend patience is a virtue; not really, in my opinion, but I guess it’s a good saying. I don’t want to jump all the way until the part when I turned because there is so much that led to it that it’s important for you to understand, so please, bare with me.

This was a different kind of ball, it was a masquerade ball; people would hide their identities through masks. The theme of the ball was sixteenth century. Edward, without my knowledge, had sent a dress to the castle; it was a beautiful white dress and the corset had flower designs on it. It also came with a silver mask with gold glitter surrounding the edges.

“You look lovely, Emily.” Evelyn was at the door frame of my room; she had a smile on her face like she was satisfied with something.

“Thank you, Evelyn. I can’t believe this is happening to me.” I looked back at the mirror and looked at myself; not too long ago I was in the streets stealing food and starving at the same time.

“Why not, you don’t you deserve to be happy?” Evelyn took the seat on the edge of my bed and she crossed her legs.

“It’s not that; it’s just too good to be true, Edward is a sweetheart, he’s handsome, and a gentleman and most of all… he’s rich!” I threw my hands in the air dramatically.

Evelyn shook her head as she chuckled at me. “Emily, Edward is in love. His money should not matter to you.”

“But rich boys don’t marry poor girls.” I whined.

“What matters is in here,” she places her hand on her heart (if she had one); “he wants you.”

“This makes it only harder to believe, I’m nothing special, I’m not beautiful, I’m not educated, I’m just a simple girl from New Jersey for Christ sakes!” There was a knock on the door and someone peeked in; it was one of the maids.

“Sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Chanel is waiting outside for Ms. Johnson.” The maid smiled and winked at me.

A smile curled on my lips.

“See?! Your face glows at the sound of his name!” Evelyn pointed out and I blushed lightly from the cheeks. “Do you love Edward, Emily?”

I thought about if for a second and my smile grew wider. “Yes,” I whispered, “with all if my heart.”

“Then the rest shouldn’t matter, Emily.” Evelyn had become like my mother.

“All right then. Thank you, Evelyn, you give great advice.” I pecked her on the cheek and lifted part of the dress so I could walk.

One of the maids opened the door for me and the first thing I saw was Edward. My heart raced at his sight, he smiled, which sent my heart going faster.

“Wow… you look… gorgeous.” He awed.

I looked down trying to hide my blush. “Thank you.”

Sooner than I had hoped we arrived at his house. His house was lit brightly; all around the rose bushes were lights like Christmas decorations. The music was jazz; valet personnel were waiting outside of the entrance door, they helped the ladies get out of the car.

Edward’s limousine stopped right at the front of the steps that led to the entrance door his Mansion never looked so beautiful. My door is opened and a hand is offered; I took the hand as I got out. The young boy stared at me as he helped me, his mouth slightly opened.

“May I just say something, Madame?” The boy asked.

“You may.” I said.

“I’ve seen my share of ladies tonight, but you ma’am, are the most beautiful I’ve seen yet.”