Chapter 1

I'd like to mention that this story, as my others on Wattpad, were published on fanfiction.net before. Though I did not edit my other stories, I did edit this one, mainly because it is the most popular one I've written and I wanted to publish it with as few grammar mistakes and other errors as possible. The story itself is the same as the one on my fanfiction profile.

Slamming the car door shut, Laura takes off her brand new sunglasses in one swift move and shakes her hair out of her face. With her handbag hanging from one arm, she walks through the entrance meant for the actors and grabs a little bag of Goldfish potato chips from her handbag. Enjoying the taste of her favourite snack, she walks through the building, straight into her personal dressing room. She sighs contently when she drops down on her comfortable couch, her back supported by the big amount of pillows and closes her eyes for just a moment.

Until a loud sound disturbs the quiet environment.

''Laura!'' Her eyes snap open and stare right in the ones of her blonde co-star.

''Ross! Jeez, can you not scare me like that? I was just enjoying my goldfish for a second!'' Laura complained while she let her head fall against the back of the couch. Ross just keeps staring at her, smiling widely.

''Well, stop enjoying for a second and come! We're having an emergency meeting and I was ordered to get you once you arrived, we better get going before they come to look for us.'' He winks at her and keeps his hand up for her to grab.

Laura's furrowed eyebrows shoot up when hearing that. They hardly ever have emergency meetings, only for a big change in the script or when one of the head actors were sick. And since they hadn't even gotten a script yet this week and she was now looking at the other head actor, something big was going on. She smiles and grabs his hand excitedly.

''Let's go then!'' Laura laughs at him and starts hopping towards the door of her dressing room. As soon as she opens the door wide enough to walk through, she feels a breeze of someone running past her at a quick pace.

''I'll race ya!'' Ross calls over his shoulder while running in the hallway in the direction of the room where they usually have the table readings.

''That's not fair your legs are longer! And I'm wearing heels, remember?'' Laura shouts after him before sprinting after him. After running for a minute or so, she arrives at the right room, finding Ross leaning against the door with one shoulder, the tip of his shoe crossing his other foot and looking at his watch playfully.

''Miss Marano, can you explain why you are, to be exact, 5.5 minutes late for the table reading?'' He asks her with a serious look in his eyes. Laura slowly walks towards him, shifting her eyes from his face to the door every other second.

''I just did, didn't you hear? You know, when you cheated by shoving me, taking a head start and being a guy?'' She responds to his question with her arms crossed over her chest.

''I'm not sure if I can accept that excuse, Marano. This is very unprofessional.'' Ross states, furrowing his eyebrows and looking up. He shifts his body so he isn't leaning against the door anymore but leaning with his hand on the door frame, in between Laura and the door, leaving a very small opportunity for her to sneak through the gap and go inside before he can.

''Please, Mr Lynch, isn't there any way you can forgive me?'' She tries to distract his attention from the door. She walks even closer to him until there's almost no room between them. She sees his smirk that was once on his face slowly disappear. His gaze stays on her and Laura sees him swallow noticeably and licks his lips subtly, the signs that he's nervous, she knows. Laura uses the short moment that he's not focussed to slip under his arm. She just grabbed the door handle when Ross notices what's going on and grabs her by her waist, trying to prevent her from opening the door.

''No! No, Ross let me go!'' Laura laughs loudly while she keeps hold of the handle with both hands, unable to pull it down because of the strength of Ross pulling her backwards. In the fight, they miss the sound of a chair moving inside the room and footsteps coming towards them. The door is being opened from the inside of the room, causing Laura to lose grip of the handle and Ross falling backwards until his back rests against the wall on the other side of the hallway, pulling Laura against him. She screams before she feels her back fall against Ross's chest. A moment of silence comes while they freeze in their positions, Ross still with his arms around Laura's waist and her hands now covering his elbows.

''Guys?'' Calum asks them both, looking at them from head to toe with a questioning look on face. Laura shifts so she can look up at Ross. He looks down and starts laughing. Laura joins and covers her mouth with her hands. When she feels the grip on her waist grow weak, she reacts quickly and runs inside the meeting room, past the still confused Calum.

''Beat ya! Take that, sucker.'' Ross hears her say while turning the corner.

''That bitch,'' Ross murmurs with a sly smile while he follows her. He sees her playfully winking at him after she takes her place next to the empty chair that belongs to Calum. When everyone notices the last two co-stars finally entered the room, they fall silent, knowing the important announcement could finally be told.

''Now that we're finally complete,'' Heath states while shifting his gaze between Ross and Laura with one eyebrow raised, ''we can tell you the reason we called you all in on this early morning. The whole team has been discussing this idea for a long time and seeing the fans trended it again last night, we felt like today was the day to tell you the big news. In spring 2016 the fans will be able to see the one and only;'' He takes a big white cloth from a big stand to reveal a big carton board, ''Austin and Ally: The Movie!'' The whole room explodes, including the 4 cast members, and who stand up to cheer and clap.

''Oh my god, can you believe this? I'm so excited!'' She screams happily and hugs Calum. She then runs around the big O-shaped circle of tables to hug Raini and starts jumping up and down with her, squealing in harmony. She sees that Calum followed her and is now hugging Ross next to them. She turns to Ross too and looks up to him smiling.

''Ready to rock, Austin?''

''Only if you're ready to write, Ally''

Laura laughs happily and wraps her arms around his large chest. She feels his arms hold her close and feels happier than she has felt in a long time.