Chapter 16- Part 3

We're in the living room now in my home as Eric tries to distract me with a movie. He's put on The Holiday as I love that movie, but I'm so distracted its hard to keep up with what part we are up to. 

"You'll have to hunt soon, won't you?" Eric asks. 

"Huh?" I say, not hearing what he had said. 

"It's been a while since you hunted, your eyes are a tad black."

"I know, I'll worry about that after my birthday."

"You're going to leave it that long?"

"My birthday is in less than a week, Eric," I reply, not really seeing that it's that much of a big deal if I leave it for another few days. 

"Yeah, but you haven't hunted for a while, you were going to go today but went to see Jacob."

I shurg, not really worrying about it, which makes Eric tut-tut at me. 

"Don't do that to me, so annoying." 

"What's annoying? This?" he asks before he does it again. 

"Yes, that." 

 "Oh well," he says, grinning. 

I shake my head. "Carlisle got you the blood bags, right?" I ask. He nods. I stare into his eyes again... that deep bright blue. "How do you get contacts to last so long?" I ask. 

"Well I loved my blue eyes before I tranformed, so I bought the closest colour I could find and bought tons of them."

"Don't you-"

"Yes, I go through them quickly, I don't think I have much left for here. Didn't think I'd be here this long, but I'm glad I have."

I smile. "I am too," I say. 

I hear the front door open and someone barging in which makes me sigh but I grin widely when I see the person who barged in was Alice. "Hey!" I say cheerily. 

"Hey back!"

"What's up? Oh and where's mum and dad?" I ask, wanting to ask them about why they didn't tell me about Jane and that vamp. Maybe I shouldn't bring it up until they do. If they know that I know they'll just worry about me becoming all distant again. 

"At our place. Your birthday is in less than a week that's up," she says in that perky way of hers. 

"Oh god," I murmur which makes Eric laugh. I've told him of how Alice just loves throwing parties. "I'm not even aging anymore so why throw a party? Doesn't mean anything."

"Doesn't mean anything?" she repeats in complete horror. "It represents another year has passed since you were born!" 

"And your point is..?" 

"I don't care what you say, you're having a party."

"With who? I don't know anyone..." I say, remembering the people who came last year and the fact that some I hadn't seen since I was a tiny kid with our old problems back then. 

"Us, Charlie, the wolf-"

"Nah-uh, no wolves."

"But Renes-"

"No."

"I never said Jacob, the others," she says. "And maybe Jacob," she adds quickly but I heard it as clear as I would have if she had yelled it from the top of her lungs. Yes, Jacob and I had that moment at his place, but I have so much on my mind I cannot deal with all of that just yet. 

I sigh, knowing I won't win against Alice and her party plans. "Fine to the wolves, but no Jacob."

"Renesmee-" 

"No," I say, knowing I need to deal with Eric before I can even think of what I'm going to do about Jacob. 

Alice sighs, not wanting to give in as she is just as strong-willed as I am. "It's my party, Alice, so it is my choice." 

"Fine," Alice says reluctantly. "But the others are coming."