Chapter 5- Part 1

Jake's POV~ 

"Nes!" I call out again, trying to catch up. I am so confused at the moment, why would she think I would hurt her? Where would she get an idea like that from? I would never in my life hurt Nessie, no matter what happens. Deep inside my chest as I chase after her I feel hurt, crushed, even. As when I looked into her eyes in that room pure terror was reflected from her eyes as she looked at me. 

Will I ever be able to speak to her and find out why she is scared of me? Or have the Volturi done something so drastic that Renesmee and I will never be able to get through this? For her to trust me again. For me to find out what exactly is going through her mind? 

"Please, I have to go," I hear someone say in the distance ahead of me and I swear the voice belonged to Nessie. I choose the tunnel from where I heard her voice and see Nessie with Bella and Edward up ahead. As soon as I take another step towards them Renesmee stands up to walk away but she . . . freezes? And then she yells out six words I will never forget:

"Jacob is trying to hurt me!" Right before her legs cave in from under her and she collapses, Edward just grabbing her before she would have met the floor with full force. 

I run to their side and look at Nessie, she appears to have, passed out?

"What's wrong with her? Did she say why she thinks I am going to hurt her?" 

"So you did see her?" Bella asks me while Edward picks Renesmee up and carries her in his arms. 

I nod. "Yeah. I found her in a room she was locked up in. As soon as she saw me she ran to a corner, as far from me as she could get, I guess. She was terrified," I say, barely being able to say it aloud. I feel awful. I love Nessie, what could of happen to make her believe I would hurt her?

"But look at her arms," I say to both of them. "It wasn't me but something has been hurting her."

Bella and Edward both look at Nessie in Edward's arms and their eyes widen in anger and shock. "Bruises? But ho-"

"They haven't been feeding her," Edward says bluntly with an edge to his voice. 

"She's weak," Bella states, looking down at Nessie with such sorrow and pain in her eyes, but I can also see relief; relief that they finally have found their daughter. 

As we exit the building I look around, expecting a group of vampires to come and attack us, but I cannot see a single one. I guess I thought too soon, we hear two, maybe three people behind us and I can tell Bella immediately places her shield around us.

"Relax, it's Rose and Emmett," Edward says, obviously being able to hear their thoughts before Bella and I can comprehend who they are with our own senses. Bella's shield lightens up from Edward and I and I can see that Bella is somewhat more relaxed, even thought her daughter -a vamp- is unconscious. 

"What's wrong with her?" Rose asks. I sigh as I realize we have to explain everything what happened during our rescue mission, including the fear Renesmee has of me. 

"The Volturi must have done something, Jake's been with us, and he'd never-"

"No, I wouldn't, but she knows that."

"You wouldn't what?" Emmett asks. I tell him about the fear Renesmee has for me. "Sadly, what did we expect? Of course they were going to do something, they could've done anything with the powers the Volturi have access to." 

What have they done to Renesmee? How long will it be until we can undo the damage they have done in two months? And when will Renesmee finally believe I will not ever hurt her? That I love her? I guess we will find out when she wakes up . . .