Chapter 14- Part 1

Jake's POV~

"Thanks for staying back to help," I say as I face both Edward and Bella. They both kindly offered to remain back for a while to help me clean up after the gathering of my father's funeral. 

"No problem, Jake,  glad to help." 

I sigh as I grab the last empty cup from the coffee table in my living room. 

"It feels so strange, him not being here, you know?"

"I do, your dad will be missed greatly," Bella says as she places a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head and give a small smile. 

I feel like that's all I've been doing today, all I've been trying to do. Just grin and bare it, I kept telling myself repeatedly. Appear OK, it is easier to fake to be OK than to explain how you truly are feeling inside. 

Everything from my life has been taken away from me leaving the remains upside down and in a complete mess, waiting for me to deal with it and much more complications I haven't even bothered to think of yet like what to do now with all my father's things. Or how am I going to pay to keep this house in check when being a wolf guard for the local human race doesn't really give me a paycheck I can survive off of. 

"You'll be alright, Jacob. We will help you out, you know that."

"I couldn''t ask that of you, or your family, Edward."

"You're not asking, I'm telling you."

"And how would that work, exactly? Even if I did agree? You come to help me, sneaking off from your daughter who has a vendetta to kill me?" 

"We will sort something out."

"And that's exactly it, isn't it? We say we will 'sort something out' but nothing ever gets sorted until we are faced with the problem in the worst possible way. Look at all of our track records for proof." 

I turn to leave the room, all the feelings I have had these past months opening up all at once and knowing I need to get away for just a short while to be with myself. 

I walk to my room and shut the door, dropping on my bed and feeling everything crashing into me like weights on my shoulders, pushing me down closer and closer to the ground and I cannot get up, I'm not strong enough to lift myself up with all of this weight on me at once. 

Renesmee's birthday is in less than two weeks now and I have no idea how I am meant to prove to her that I never did anything to harm her. 

"It can't be fixed," I say allowed to myself. How can it when it has been almost a year since she was captured and we haven't fixed it yet. "We never will," I murmur to myself, hating the fact that I am admitting it but knowing that this fact has long been overdue for me to face. 

"I swear I will kill whoever did this," I say through bared teeth. 

I look up right in front of where I'm sitting, staring blankly at the wall but my sight comes across a picture of my dad and I, and right next to it a picture of Nessie and I when she was four years old.

If I could go back in time I could go back to when both of those pictures were taken. My father and I in one when I was only ten, I think. I realised just now after looking at it for a while that I was looking straight at the camera but dad was looking right at me, smiling, I can see the love clearly in his eyes.

Then Renesmee, a picture of her on my back with her arms wrapped around my neck, me holding her legs in place so she wouldn't fall. Her mouth open in a wide grin, so happy, so full of life. That Renesmee seems to be so long ago when it was only just a year or so back in the past. It's sad how much things can change in such a short time, this time last year I would have never of imagined my life as how it is now. 

~*~*~*~*~*~
It appears that this little story isn't as popular as it used to be.... please comment and vote, leave your feedback. Feedback and votes now are what is going to help me decide whether or not to continue it.. So if enjoy reading please vote and comment any feedback