Chapter 6- Part 2

Renesmee's POV~

I just don't understand what would make me end up here. After everything that has happened, why here? I walk around the space, remembering that us wondering off to this spot is what caused this whole disaster.

Is that why I ended up here? To prove that Jacob and me being together in the past, was a major mistake? I have to think about everything, the Vampire seeing Jacob and I, the fight which could have led to my family's deaths, to mine, to all the wolf pack. And then, due to no war being formed, the Volturi came to take me, to try and bargain with my family in return for my safety. 

I walk to the edge of the river, remembering how I pushed Jacob in and, due to my stupidity, he was able to pull me in with him. I shake my head viciously, erasing the bittersweet memories. It was all fake! Just for him to get close to me and my family, that's got to be it. But a werewolf working with the Volturi? Werewolves working with my family, a family of vampires, was classified as weird enough in the 'supernatural world', but this? I guess the Volturi wanted any way possible to get to me, to hurt my family. 

I hear a crunch of leaves on the ground and I immediately spin around.

"I thought I'd find you here."

"Stay away," I mutter, knowing I cannot go back any further unless I jump into the lake.

"I'm just here to talk, that's all," he says, remaining still, not coming any closer. 

"About you abusing me? No, we're done, isn't that obvious? Don't come near me, I mean it. I have consumed human blood, I'm strong enough now, not weak like when you took advantage. Talk about what, Jacob, the talking is done!"  

"About this," he says, gesturing to himself and I. "About why you are afraid of me."

"You know why, don't act."

"I do now, but I didn't before. The Volturi has gotten into your head, Renesmee."

"No, it was you-"

"Why are you here? In this exact spot, our place?"

"To remind me that everything that has happened, the pain to my family and I before, and while, I was taken, started with me being with you."

I thought that would have affected him somehow, to stop him from trying so hard, but he only gives a small smile.

"I'd like to think it's your unconscious saying to you that you can still trust me, as of course I would find you here. Why not go somewhere else? That wasn't important to us, together?" he asks as he takes one step closer to me. 

"No! No closer, I mean it Jacob." 

"Why not? If you were going to hurt me, you would have already. You can't hurt me, you still love me, as I love you." He takes another step towards me. And another.

I look at his feet as he slowly walks closer and closer to me. My mind goes back to the pain and suffering I had experienced while held captive, but the memory angers me to my core. 

"Loved, past tense, back off Jacob. I swear," I say, backing as far as I can towards the lake, but if he comes any closer . . . 

He's right in front of me now, I can feel his breath on me, this close proximity use to feel so right, but now all I feel is fear and hatred, hatred for what he did to me. I growl fiercely as I raise my hand and slap him as hard as I can across his cheek, making his head turn to the side.