Chapter 11- Part 4

"Crap sorry, I completely blanked." 

I go to speak but mum and dad enter the front door so I stop what I was about to say and turn to mum and dad as they say hello and enter the living room, lingering near the entrance. 

"Sorry we took so long, we were with Carlisle and the others," mum says. I observe the way mum and dad are showing themselves and can tell within a second that they are hiding something, that something is definitely up.

They excuse themselves and begin walking upstairs but I am determined to find out why they were  gone for so long. They have been clinging to me like glue and while I am out mum is sending me messages every hour. I haven't heard anything from them since about three or four hours ago and, even though I have loved the space, I know there would be a reason, one I probably wouldn't like or they wouldn't be so cagey. 

"Excuse me for a moment," I say to Eric as I stand from my chair and pass the remote to him as I walk past. 

"OK, what aren't you telling me?" I ask as I close the door quietly, wondering if it was something they perhaps couldn't say in front of Eric. 

Dad raises one eye brow. "What? Nothing?"

I slouch and put a hand on my hip, they are awful liars, well, to me they are. "I know something is up. Mum checks in via text almost 24/7 and while you two have been over there she hasn't even once." Mum and dad share a quick glance which I see. "What is up?" I ask, willing to stand here until they tell me. 

"Edward we have to tell her, she won't quit till we tell her now."

"Bella, we can't tell her that, we all said-"

"You are aware of how close your birthday is right?"

I nod. "Yeah, mum, three weeks. But why-"

"We were over there trying to arrange a birthday party considering you didn't stay for the one last year," mum finishes. "We wanted to make it a surprise but, well, you were asking and I know how stubborn you are," mum says, sounding a tad disappointed. 

"I knew we were going to have a party. . ." I say. "You told me."

"We were going to completely do up the house and everything. We were talking of having it simple remember?" 

I nod, remembering what I had told mum. "I told you to keep it simple."

"Then we all spoke about it and decided on a party, probably a tad less people but that's what we were doing over there."

"Surprise," dad says, smiling. 

"Awh, I'm sorry I wrecked it by interrogating you both. I don't need a big party though. As long as I get to actually spend it with you all I am happy." I say as I hug them both. 

"You might want to go back down to Eric, you are being a very rude hostess," dad says with a wink. 

"I love you both."

"We love you too," I hear mum and dad both say in sync as I go downstairs back to Eric in the living room. I cannot believe I just practically ruined my own birthday ideas. . .