Chapter 12- Part 3

*Play the song at the right when Jacob starts his speech* SKINNY LOVE

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sit down right next to Eric and my parents. Mum said she was glad I changed my mind and I explained why Eric had came with me. 

"As long as you're comfortable with being here it doesn't matter," she whispers as the priest begins the funeral, speaking of what a great and loving man Billy Black really was. 

I try to listen to the priest and what he is saying but my eyes focus in on a young man sitting up at the very front, two rows in front of me, and I suddenly feel numb and scared of what I could do in front of all these people. I stare at Jacob with my head low, he must be crying, Please, no, I plead with myself. 

I must have gone tense in my seat because Eric holds my hand between us and gives it a gentle squeeze. I try to turn away to look at Eric but I can't take my gaze off of Jacob's back. 

Thank you, I say through my mind to Eric not wanting to speak throughout the funeral. I see him give a slight smile from the corner of my eye as he looks at me before turning back to the front. 

Dad must have heard my thoughts about Jacob because he leans over and murmurs "Relax," under his breath to me. "We won't let anything happen here," he finishes before placing his full attention back to the front. 

Jacob stands up and walks towards the front and I presume that he has been asked to say something from the priest. 

He stands and turns to face us all, his eyes catch mine and he pauses for a moment before turning his gaze away from mine and addressing the people who have came. 

~*~*~*~*~

Play song on the side 'Skinny love' now.. 

~*~*~*~*~

He clears his throat before starting. "I tried to write a speech, for my father, but nothing I wrote down on paper made any sense or came close to how I feel so I have decided to speak from the heart. 

"My father was loved by many people, as can be seen by the presense here today, but nothing can come close to how I felt about my father and how much he will be missed. 

"He was a caring man, who gave light and love to anyone who entered his life. He worried about everyone who was close to him and considered his friends as family, and even though he was in a wheelchair that never stopped him from having a positive light and thoughts on life. 

"Of course all father's, parents in general, can be annoying to their children with the constant orders and punishments," he says and a few people give a slight laugh. "But now that he is gone I realise how much I will miss the friendship we had as father and son.

"Life is tricky sometimes, it throws everything at you, but my father helped myself and many others get through those complicated times and back on track. Dad, I'll miss you from my life everyday and can say I was lucky to have you as a father. I am definitely a better man by having a great man like you in my life."

Jacob seems like he had more to say but steps down, the silent tears on his face throughout his speech obviously becoming too much for him to handle silently while speaking in front of many people. 

I watch as he sits back down and a silent tear escapes the corner of my eye. I try to focus on the other speeches as Charlie, my grandfather, stands in front to speak of his dear friend but I cannot seem to focus. All of Charlie's words are mumbled while I look at Jacob, his head in his hands while Emily, Sam's fiance, rubs his back. 

How can a man like that, who has so many morals and love for many, treat me, someone he had supposedly imprinted on, the way he did? After hearing his speech I am even more confused than I was before, not knowing if I made the right decision for myself by being here.