Chapter 9- Part 3

I drop to the ground, dangling my legs on the steep slope of the hill towards the water, watching and giggling as he re-breaks the water's surface, throwing his hair back out of his eyes, his hair glistening when the sun hits the water droplets covering his now soaked hair. 

"You're turn!" he calls out to me. 

I shake my head as I wave my hands gesturing the response 'No' as I have to stop laughing before I speak. 

"Well, you are lucky I put my phone down!" he yells. This statement makes a memory come to mind at full speed, no breaks. The memory of when I pushed Jacob into the lake near that waterfall which damaged his phone. 

I stand up, wanting to rid that memory from my mind and grab the rope, stopping the motion of it swinging since Eric left it. 

"Re-nes-mee! Re-nes-mee!" Eric chants, clapping his hands in sync with his chanting. I look down at what I'm wearing, completely aware that I will remain wet in my denim shorts and black singlet with the band name Muse in a large font across the bust. I look down at Eric. 

"Fine, you're getting your way!" 

"As always, now hurry up!" 

I roll my eyes once again as I take hold of the rope higher up, planning to show off if I'm going to do this. I walk back as far as the rope will allow me to, before running to the edge and jumping, placing my feet on the knot in the rope as I hold on tight, waiting for the perfect moment to jump off. 

When I think it's the perfect moment I let go, flipping backwards before diving into the water. I plummet a few metres down beneath the surface and when I stop I open my eyes, not being able to see a thing due to how dark it is. I begin swimming back up and the sun lightens the water, enabling me to be able to see. As I approach closer to the surface I hear a mumbled voice say, "Now who's the showoff?"

"Me," I say as I finally reach the top of the water and float. I ended up much closer to Eric than I thought I was when I was beneath. My hair is still in my face so I begin moving it back, so I can see properly. 

I feel Eric's hand graze my cheek as he moves the last strands of hair from my face to behind my ear. I stare right at Eric as his bright blue eyes bore into mine, his eyes almost hypnotizing, keeping me in place. 

My mind tells me to break first, but I cannot find the will to move away. Due to my mind constantly yelling at me to do something it is only now that I realise when Eric moved those last strands of hair to behind my ear his hand now lingers on my upper neck.

I have no idea who went for it first, only that Eric is right here, in front of me, looking into my eyes one second and the next we are kissing. I find myself kissing him back before I can think the better of it. 

My hands immediately rise to wrap my arms around his neck but before I do I snap out of the trance I was in moments ago and push him away, the water making it much easier as he just floats backwards. 

He looks at me, confused. "Renesmee, I didn't mean to-" but he doesn't get to finish, or he did but I couldn't hear him as I'm already running away, running out of the water, completely forgetting about my phone on top of that hill as I run back home, leaving a confused Eric floating in the water alone.

I reach home within minutes but for some reason my clothes are still damp. Not even worrying about my clothes I turn the door handle, noticing it is unlocked so mum or dad or both must be home. I was hoping to have the house to myself (as mum and dad are usually at the Cullen property) but I guess beggars can't be choosers and all that. 

I plan to walk upstairs straight to my room but a figure I see out of the corner of my eye in the living room stops me in my tracks. I want to run but remain calm as I turn around to see that person sitting in my living room with mum and dad. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?!"