Chapter 5- Part 3

"Wait, you mean-?"

"Yes, to recover to full strength you need human blood," mum answers. 

"I can't, I won't drink human blood!" 

"Renesmee, a blood bag. I wouldn't allow you to drink from the vein." 

I sigh in relief and sit down on my bed next to mum. I still don't like the idea of having to drink human blood, as it can become addictive, but if that's what I got to do to gain my strength again I'll do it, afterall, I'll need it if Jacob comes anywhere near me again.

I use to drink human blood when I was younger, as it was beneficial as I was still growing, and going on animal blood from that was hard, as our main instinct is the opposite, and the tastes are completely different, I guess I'll have to go through that learning curve again. 

"Okay," I sigh. "Where are you going to find a blood bag?" I ask.

"We have some for emergency cases, Carlisle gave us a couple." 

"I am not going down there," I say, thinking of Jacob probabaly being downstairs with dad. 

"I'll get it, I will be right back," she says as she stand up from my bed. She places a kiss on my forehead before leaving my room. I want to stand up from bed but don't want to feel dizzy again. 

I wait in bed, looking down at the bruises on my arms that are still visibly clear on both arms. I lift the side of my shirt up to check my hip and the bruise is still a dark shade of blue. I put pressure on my side and it begins to sting. So much for vampires being invinsible. 

My door begins to open and I look up, only to see mum in the doorway with a bloodbag. She closes the door behind her and comes to sit on my bed beside me again. 

As soon as I saw mum in the doorway my eyes fixated onto that bloodbag. The crimson red substance which the entire vampire population crave so much. It's shocking really; in a state of complete hunger many would kill over a small blood bag.

As I stare at the bag I have the urge to just rip it from mum's grasp and indulge the whole bag as fast as I can but I know that would only freak my mum out so I try to remain restrained. As I keep looking at her and the blood I realise how wrong this is and how hard it will be to transfer from the taste of human blood to animal blood again. I haven't had human blood in ages so I don't miss it, if I do this it will take me ages to get over. 

"I can't. The taste, it's strong, I'll crave it for ages if I do this." 

"I know, and if there was another way we would take it, but even Carlisle said this is only way to regain full strength."

"You spoke to Carlisle? But you didn't know I hadn't had any blood."

"We presumed as you did pass out with us back where you were locked up.
"You have to drink it." 

I look back down at the bag in her hands on her lap and contemplate whether there is any other choices I have. A part of me wants to use this as an excuse to have the taste of human blood once again and another is telling me it is wrong and I should just try animal blood, but deep down I know mum is right; human blood makes us stronger, and if I want to get better this is my one and only option -whether I want to or not.

I take the blood bad from mum and as soon as I grab it I take notice of the delicious scent. The smell is almost overwhelming but I remain firm, not wanting to devour it like a savage animal in front of my mother. Mum stabs a hole in one of the corners of the bag and I slowly raise it to my mouth.