Chapter 15- Part 2

Renesmee's POV~

I remain standing at the door for a minute before I am overwhelmed with the feeling that this was a bad idea, but as I turn to leave I hear the front door open. I turn around to face Jacob, not knowing what I have gotten myself into as I look at him.

"Hi Ne-Renesmee," Jacob says, moving to the side to let me through while he is holding the door. I remain where I am, hesitant to enter but find myself reluctantly walking forwards until I'm completely inside. Jacob closes the door, following me into the living room. He offers me a seat but I say I'm fine standing. 

"Are you here because you believe me?" Jacob asks. I shake my head as now I don't know what to believe. A part of me is saying not to trust him but a part of me is missing him so much I want to try and hear him out. From everything that has happened though, how could it be justified to be someone else when I saw him? 

"Come on Renesmee! If you truly believed I did that deep down than you wouldn't have asked to come here, alone, today. Doesn't that tell you something? Anything?" he asks, remaining completely calm but sounding as if he's . . . pleading. 

"It tells me I"m insane, yes, but I already knew that."

Jacob exhales a long breath as he brings a hand to his forehead and rubs his head with his index finger and thumb. "You are very confusing."

"You can't talk. You act innocent after everything, you confuse me."

"If you don't believe me why stay here? I will keep trying to make you see it until you do, Renesmee. I would never harm you, ever, you must know that."

"I thought I knew that, you showed me differently while I was locked away."

"Renesmee, I hate the Volturi, nothing in the world would make me help them with anything, you know that. I hated them after they tried to kill you when you were only a child." 

"Stop it!" I say, not wanting to listen to him trying to make me believe him. Calm down, I think to myself. I came to hear him out, so hear him out!

"Maybe I came to see if you would admit it," I state, trying to get him to admit it. 

"I will never admit to something I know I didn't do." 

"Argh!" I say loudly, grabbing my hair and scrunching it on either side of my forehead in frustration before dropping my hands again. I feel angry, I know I shouldn't have come, but a voice in my head is overriding all of the emotion, screaming at me to hear him out and to control it, to keep calm. 

"Why must you keep doing this?!" I say, sounding as frustrated as I feel. "Admit it."

"No I won't. Renesmee you must feel deep down that I wouldn't do that. You loved me, you know me better than anyone."

"Knew," I correct him. 

"You know me better than anyone," he repeats, ignoring what I said. "Look at me," he says, I look away, avoiding his gaze. He's suddenly in front of me and lifts my chin. I cringe at his touch so he removes his hand. "Do I look like I'm lying to you?" he asks, staring into my eyes now only a metre in front of me, in arms reach. I feel frightened but not from him any longer. I feel more afraid of what I might do if I cannot control myself. Remain calm! That voice in my head yells again. 

"I- I don't-"

"You can trust me, you know of the Volturi and their powers."

"None can do what mum has suggested that they have done to me. That you are suggesting now," I say, facing him. I'm finding it hard to believe him but deep down I want what he is saying to be true. It would be much easier to comprehend the Volturi doing something like that than Jacob.