Chapter 10- Part 3

"Now you got to!" I yell out immediately after resurfacing. When he was speaking of 'payback', I didn't think he would push be whilst talking to me, causing me to be unprepared. 

"Oh, if you say so," he says as he grabs the rope and, without a slight hesitation, he jumps into the water purposely near me, water splashing me as he does a bomb only a metre in front of me. 

When he is up again and wiping the water from his eyes I purposely splash him. "I hate you!" I yell while laughing, clearly joking. Eric frowns, faking to be hurt which makes me laugh even more. 

"You faking to be upset is reminding me of Emmett!" 

"Don't place me in the same category as that special one! Don't you ever," he says, acting offended which supports my placement of him and Emmett together even more. 

"Oh, and, uh, you aren't?" I grin. 

"Are you calling me special? Are you? Oh you did not Missy," he smirks as he swims after me but I had a head start as I knew this would happen. I swim to the edge of the water and run to grab both of our phones. I hold his over the edge, only metres above the water. He runs up then stops, wide eyed. 

"You wouldn't," he says as he now stands on the grass, approaching me. 

"I would." 

"-n't," he adds on the 'would' I just said.

"If you think that then you don't know me as well as I thought you did," I drop it but catch it mid air, chucking it to him. 

"I actually thought you were going to drop it for a second there," he says as he holds his phone, neither of us being able to place them in our pockets as our clothing is still wet. 

"Now I'm offended, I'm not that mean, gosh." 

He raises one eyebrow. "Aren't you?" 

I laugh. "I know I'm mean, but if you can't deal with it, bye bye."

"OK adios," he says before waving and turning around, walking only a few paces before I yell "wait!" and run up to him, jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"You missed me already? I hadn't even walked ten steps yet."

"Nah, I needed a lift home, too lazy to walk." 

He shakes his head as he wraps his arms around my lower legs, keeping me stable as we walk through the woods back to my home, being able to see it is getting dark now and he knows I hate being out too late. "If I could sleep I honestly think I would have drifted off by now." 

"You comfortable?" 

"Yes," I say as I rest my chin on his shoulder. He purposely lets go of my legs and I have to re-adjust myself so I don't fall off.

"Nice one," I say. He eventually takes hold of my legs again, but I can already see my home ahead of us. 

"Still holding your phone?" I ask. 

"I can hold my phone and hold you at the same time, you know," he answers.

"First man to be able to multitask, you deserve a medal."

"Damn right I do!" We both laugh as he lets go of me and we both walk inside, myself taking claim of the couch within seconds of walking in.