Confessing Feelings

AN: We've gotten to the part so many of you are on edge about. Enjoy.

>|<>|<>|<

As I headed toward my next class, I was a flurry of excitement. And when school ended, I felt my excitement turn to nerves. What if Erasers found me? What if we confessed our feelings? I didn't know what would happen, so I was feeling paranoid. Like Erasers would jump out at any minute.

I found Edward waiting by his Volvo. He smiled at me, and I smiled back, but it felt forced. I got in when he held open my door and turned to face forward, wondering what to say.

"So are you excited to be getting some stuff of your own?" he asked.

I turned toward him. I noticed Alice and Jasper not in the backseat.

"Yea," I said. "Did Alice and Jasper catch a ride with Rosalie and Emmett?"

Edward chuckled.

"Yes," he said. "It's just us."

"Okay," I sighed. I fell silent.

The silence lasted for a while, then Edward broke it by speaking.

"I wanted to get you alone because I want to talk to you," Edward said. "I have something to confess."

'What could it be?' I wondered.

"And that is?" I asked cautiously.

"I... I love you. I understand if you don't return my feelings but-" I cut him off.

"I love you too."

This was getting way too serious but I couldn't stop it. I couldn't live without him now and no matter what I would be by his side. Nothing would pull me away from him, not now that I knew he returned my feelings.

Edward breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good," he sighed.

Cautiously, I leaned to rest my head on his shoulder. It was hard and cold, like stone. He didn't pull away, so I stayed like that the entire ride to Seattle, enjoying the moment. When we arrived in the city I straightened up, looking out the windows in fascination.

"We're here," Edward said with a smile. Happiness glinted in his dark golden eyes.

He pulled into the parking lot of a store called 'Seattle Books & Music'. I looked at the windows of the store with open eyed curiosity. I'd never really been in a store before.

Edward noticed.

"Have you ever been shopping?" he asked.

"No," I murmured.

"Well, you're in for a treat. I'll buy you anything you want." He exited the car. I left the car as well and walked by his side, considering his generosity.

Wow, actual shopping. And he was going to buy me whatever I wanted. I beamed excitedly.