Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Eight

Trey's Point of View

I finished at the studio early so I was now on my way home.

After going hard in the studio all morning I was looking forward to being with Amina and our daughter.

I pulled up into the driveway and got out of the car before I made my way to the front door. I noticed the alarm was not on and my eyes furrowed in confusion. I pulled out my key to unlock the door but it was already unlocked.

I began getting suspicious.

Amina would never leave the house without locking up.

I cautiously walked inside the house and shut the door behind me.

"Baby!" I called out to Amina.

"Yes?" Walking out of the living room was Kai.

"What the heck? Kai what are you doing here? And where's Amina?" I asked her.

"Oh, I took care of her." Kai replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked getting nervous.

"I mean she won't come between us anymore. You and I can be happy together now. Just you, me, and Avery." Kai told me.

"What did you do to my wife?!" I yelled at her.

Kai stared at me and said nothing.

I ran past her to go upstairs but she stopped me.

"Stop worrying about her damn!" Kai told me angrily.

"She's my wife!" I tried getting through her head.

She was now seriously starting to piss me off.

"Stop saying that. Gosh! What do I have to do to make you love me?" She asked me.

"Leave me and my family the hell alone." I told her.

"Don't raise your voice at me." Kai glared at me.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I screamed at her.

"You're making me angry Tremaine. I don't think you would like to see me when I'm mad." Kai spoke through gritted teeth.

She was starting to scare me now.

"I don't give a fuck if you're mad. Leave!" I yelled at her.

"I'm gonna forgive you because you're so damn fine." Kai replied.

"You're crazy!" I told her.

"Don't call me that!" She screamed.

"You are." I prompted.

"I'm what?" Kai challenged me to repeat myself. I stayed quiet as I watched her aim a gun at me.

"Kai put the gun down." I pleaded softly.

"So now you wanna talk soft?" Kai replied.

"Put the gun down." I repeated.

"You know, you made me do this." Kai told me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"All you had to do was love me. That's it. But you can't even do that! I had to kill your wife-" Kai started to say before I cut her off.

"Amina is dead?!" I shouted.

Kai nodded.

"Well at least I think she is. I didn't bother double checking." Kai admitted.

"I gotta go check up on her!" I said and turned to go upstairs but Kai stopped me. It was against everything I was ever taught and believed in but with my free hand, I punched Kai in the face, causing her to stumble backward and the gun to fall out of her hand. I looked at her body on the floor unconscious with blood pouring out of her nose. I took the gun with me just in case she woke up before I ran upstairs to Amina and I's bedroom. I found her laying on her side on the floor unconscious.