Lovers & Friends | Thirty-One

I don't care what people say, saying good-bye was never easy. It might even be harder each and every time I had to say it.

Legs crossed at the ankle with Avery cuddled to my chest, I stood in the doorway preparing to say good-bye to Trey who was set to leave for the Between The Sheets tour with Chris Brown.

"Do you have everything?" I ask him, glancing down at the three large black suitcase that stood at his feet as he stood in the doorway.

"Yeah, I think so." He replies. The both of us stood there not saying anything. This should be easier right? We've been together for two years and the first year he on tour the first half of the relationship. So why was this so hard?

I knew he would be leaving soon. I knew he couldn't stay here with me and Avery in our own little cocoon forever.

"I'm gonna miss you." I tell him, breaking the silence.

Trey snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me slightly closer.

"I'm gonna miss you too." He squeezes my hips.

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I wondered.

"Three Months." Trey answers and I can't help but sigh sadly. "Hey, we've been here before right?" He said, trying to comfort me.

"We have," I agree. "But you haven't been gone this long before, plus I was with you."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Well at least you'll be back for Avery's first birthday." I tried to look on the bright side of things.

Suddenly there was a car horn honking. "That's George, I gotta go." Trey told me. I nodded my head in response. "Can I get a kiss before I go?" Trey asked. Still very aware that I had a baby in my hands, I lean in slightly and Trey meets me in the middle. The moment our lips touch there's that spark I felt two years ago on that hotel room couch. Instinctively Trey is deepens the kiss and I bite down on his lower lip.

"Don't don't this to me now." Trey growls when he pulls away.

"What am I doing?" I stare at him innocently.

"You're kissing me like that is only making this harder."

"Sorry." I giggle.

Trey looks down at Avery who should be upset at being woken up at this time of the hour but instead she's looking between Trey and I full of curiosity.

"Give daddy a kiss." He says.

"I thought I just did." I bit my lip

"I'm warning you Amina. I will fuck you against this door before I leave if you keep it up."

"Is that a threat or a promise?"

Trey sucked in a breath and shook his head. There was another honking sound.

"Jesus, what am I going to do with you?" He asks and I shrug cutely.

"Come on, give daddy a kiss." I lift Avery into a stand up position and make her lean over. Immediately she's reaching out for Trey to hold her but I don't let her go. This was hard enough for me as it is.

"I can't hold you princess," Trey tells her. "Daddy has to leave. You be good to mommy alright?" Trey leaned in and kissed her forehead. "I love you." He kissed her again.

Seeing them together made my heart melt. "You're kind of perfect you know?"

Trey grins at me. "Just trying to be worthy of you."

I smile and Trey kisses my lips quickly before kissing my forehead as well. "I love you."

"I love you. Call me when you land." I tell. Trey kisses me one last time before picking up his suitcase and turning away. I watch as George climbs out of the hummer and helps Trey with his bags then help him get settled into the back seat. The windows roll down and Trey lamely blows a kiss at me and Avery. I laugh and wave bye until the car is out of sight before finally shutting the door.