Lovers & Friends: One

Relief washes over me when I open my eyes and see a familiar face standing over me.

"Alex." He's here with me and the grip he has on my hands tightens slightly when I say his name.

"I'm right here babygirl." The warmth of his voice brushes against my cheek and I smile at the familiar nickname.

"Alex I'm scared." I confess as I attempt to sit up, pain shoots up the right side of my body, causing me to cry out in pain. "That's a broken rib you're feeling. Don't move." He explains.

"I don't understand what happen. I can't remember why i'm here." I cry.

"Shh, shh," He smoothes my hair back as he cooes at me. "It's okay. I know. I'm here to help you."

"We're here." Another voice corrects. Alex and I both turn on our heads to see the same guy I first saw before I blacked out again. He's sitting in one of the chair with his arms crossed against his chest with a pain expression on his face. It's a mixture of heartbreak and anger. Our eyes meet and they soften a bit when he looks at me. "Hey." He says to me softly.

"Hi." I turn back to Alex, furrowing my eyebrows together questioningly.

"That's my brother babygirl. You've met him before." Alex explains.

I looked over at the guy in the chair again. "I have?"

The guy stands up and walks over to me."Yes baby you have." He says gently.

I stare at him hard, trying to remember meeting him before a few hours ago but it's pointless. "I'm sorry I don't remember meeting you. You must be Tremaine though...I've already met Forest." I say.

"You haven't called me Tremaine since the first time we met." Tremaine cracks a tiny smile.

"Is there anything you can remember about the accident Amina?"Alex asks, gaining my attention.

"Um.... No sorry." I shake my head. "Where's Dmitri? He should be here." As bad as things were between Dmitri and I, I still believed he would be here for me when I was in a hospital.

"He's not-" Trey started to say but was interrupted by the door bursting open.

"Baby." Dmitri storms into the room, looking relieved, a blonde hair nurse is close to his tail.

"I SHOULD FUCKING KILL YOU! I KNOW YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS SHIT!" Tremaine shouts as he storms over to Dmitri, stopping him from coming over to me.

"Trey relax!" Alex yells, going over to his brother who was grabbing Dmitri by the shirt.

"Get off of him! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I scream at Tremaine. Who the hell does he think he is going off on my boyfriend like that. As far as I know, Dmitri deserved to be here more than he did.

"Sir i'm going to need you to calm down." The tiny blonde nurse says as she tries to defuse the fight.

"YOU TRIED TO KILL HER YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Tremaine continued to scream.

"What the fuck are you talking about man? That's my woman! I'd never hurt her!" Dmitri defended.

"I need security in here now." The nurse request in a panic.

"Yeah, except for all the times you beat her up right?" Tremaine replied, making me gasp in surprise. How did he know that Dmitri hits me sometimes? No one knew that. Not even Alex.

"We're gonna need you two gentlemen to come with us." A security guard, a tall white man with short blonde hair and icy blue eyes steps into the room and says. His partner is a light-skin man with curly black hair and dark brown eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Trey argues, fighting against the grip the African-American security guard.

"Trey just calm down bro." Alex interjects.

"Let's go." The white security man pulls on Tremaine, trying to get him out of the room.

"Get your hands off of me bruh." Tremaine snaps and the security guard eases off a bit. Tremaine looks at me from the doorway, his eyes burning into my heart and soul.

"I love you Amina. I love you." Tremaine says before he's pulled out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------

Eek! That was the first chapter! Hope you enjoyed it!

Let me know what you thought!

5+ comments for the next chapter.

Thanks for reading! xoxo