Lovers & Friends | Thirty-seven

Happy New Years!

***

Trey stared at the items in my hand not knowing what to say.

Quiet fell over us until the door opened and Kai was standing in the doorway. Her body was slightly wet as it was wrapped in a towel. She stared at the both of us not knowing what to say.

"What are you guys doing here?" She demands.

"We'll be asking the questions. Why did you have these in your luggage?" I asked her as calmly as I could.

"You went through my stuff?! Isn't that illegal?" Kai replies sounding offensive.

"No. But I'm pretty sure stealing is." I reply.

"Kai, why do you have our stuff?" Trey asked her.

"I don't know how it got there." Kai lies.

"So my necklace and his shirt just magically landed in your suitcase?" I question sarcastically.

Kai says nothing. "Bitch, you have five seconds to start talking." I warn her as I came closer to her but Trey pulls me back.

"Baby calm down. Let me talk to her." Trey says to me

"Talk to her my ass! This bitch needs to leave!" I tell Trey.

"Who you callin' a bitch?" Kai raises her voice at me.

"Sweetie I know you ain't yelling at me in my own house." I said to her and approached her again.

"So what if I am? What are you gonna do about it? Nothing." Kai answered her own question.

"Oh I ain't gonna do nothing? You wanna see what I'm gonna do? Trick-" I started to get closer to her so I could hit her but Trey pulled me back by wrapping one arm around my waist which lifted me from the ground and few inches away from Kai.

"Calm down." Trey warns me.

"I'm calm. I'm calm." I took a deep breath to calm myself down before I glared at Kai. "You're lucky my husband is here. Or else I would whoop your ass!" I told her.

"Do it then!" Kai challenged.

"Baby." Trey whispered.

"What?" I yell at Trey annoyed. "You keep tryna calm me down when you need to get this trick!" I told Trey.

"Who you callin' a trick?" Kai askes.

"You!" I said with attitude.

"Look, imma talk to her." Trey says to me.

"Okay. You got five minutes before I throw her out myself." I warned the both of them before I walked I out and left them alone.

Kai's POV

Amina left the room leaving Trey and I alone. We stared at each other for a moment before Trey finally broke the silence.

"Why did you steal those things? I thought I could trust you." Trey said to me. His voice was fill with disappointment.

"I did it for us." I confess, hoping it would make him happy.