Twenty

It was instinct to turn and walk away, but I didn't. I held my ground and forced my gaze to meet his.

"Hi." His husky voice greets me.

"Hi." I echo, stepping back slightly. He was close enough that I could smell his cologne. It was a mixture of something expensive and something that was all him that I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was, but it was an intoxicating combination. I needed to put distance between us. I wouldn't be able to think would him so close and smelling this good. Or looking this good for that matter. He was dressed in black jeans with a graphic tee with the sleeves cut off. It was a simple and casual look but I doubted any other guy here looked better than he did.

"We need to talk." Trey tells me.

"I actually need to go help your mom out with the food." I try to walk past him but he wraps his hand around my wrist, stopping me from going anywhere.

"Can you stop running away from me for one second, damn." Trey yells at me before he loosens his hold on my wrist.

"What do you want Trey?" I cross my arms over my chest.

"Follow me." He says before he starts to walk out the kitchen.

"We can talk right here." I don't move.

"Stop being so damn stubborn and follow me." Trey snaps. I press my lips together in response before dropping my arms then follow behind him. Silently the two of us walk up the flight of stairs and enter the closest bedroom and Trey locks the door behind us.

"Okay, what do you want Trey?" I repeat. I made sure to stand across the room from him.

"We need to talk about last night."

"Why?"

"Because I feel like shit about what I did last night."

I shrugged. "You don't owe me an apology. If you want to sleep with random women that's your business."

"Why did you leave with Dmitri that day?" Trey asked.

I tucked one of my loose curls behind my ears. "There was too much history there. I couldn't just walk away."

"Bullshit. He has something on you."

"He did-he does, but it doesn't matter anymore." I pause. "I ended things with him for good this morning."

"What did he have on you that was so bad that made you go back?" Trey wondered.

I cross my arms over my chest again, my walls going up instantly. "It's not important."

"Tell me." Trey takes a step closer.

I shake my head. "I'm not ready to let you in all the way, i'm sorry."

"I understand. I just need to know that you'll let me in one day. I won't hurt you Amina."

"That's what everyone says Trey. But they all do it eventually."

"I'm not like everyone else so don't fucking compare me." Trey snaps, erasing the distance between us so he was standing in front of me.

"I trust way too easily and always end up getting hurt. I don't want to make that make that mistake again Trey. I can't."

"You're not even giving me a chance Amina."

He was right. I wasn't giving him a chance and it wasn't fair to him. It would take some time but I knew I had to let my walls down and let someone in if I had any hope of moving on from my past and finally being happy.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. Just give me a chance to be the guy that makes you forget all about your pain... Let me in Amina. Let me in, and I promise I'll do the same." Trey tells me.

I look up to see him staring at me pleadingly, his dark eyes shining with sincerity.

"Okay." I smile slightly.

"Okay?" A slow grin starts to spread on my lips.

"Okay." I repeat softly. Trey slowly brings a hand to my face and gently presses his palm to caress my cheek.

"I was putting space between us for a reason." I grin at him.

"I just need to see if i imagined something or not." Trey tells me.

"Imagined what?" Then before I could blink his mouth claimed my lips in a fiery passionate kiss. I whimper, taken off guard by the intensity of his lips moving against my lips before I respond back with the same passion. Trey's hands leave my face and travel lower until they were resting on my waist, pulling me close. Trey was the one to break the kiss but he kept his arms wrapped around me.

"Your lips taste as sweet as I remember,"He whispers against my lips before he pecked them again softly. "Like fucking candy."

I blush and push out of his arms. "Shut up." Trey chuckles then pulls me into his arms again and I wrap my arms around his neck. "Let's go back downstairs. I'm sure everyone is looking for you."

"Alright."

---------------------------------

End of chapter 20.

Yay, Amina and Trey are finally together!!

What did you think of this chapter?

{Author's Note: I know you're all curious about what Amina's past entails and you'll learn soon. But just like with anyone you start dating or start talking to, you don't just introduce them to your demons right away. It takes time. So be patient luvies :)}

5+ Comments & 5+ Votes for the next chapter.

Thanks for reading! xoxo