Lovers & Friends: Ten

The few seconds it took for Trey to look up at me seemed like a lifetime. Our eyes met and everything around me ceased to exist. And for a moment it was just the two of us.

Alone.

I imagined Trey laying down in bed with one foot on the ground like he usually does. He would probably be shirtless, just getting out of the shower a little while ago. The TV he would be watching would be just background noise as he checked his social media accounts on his phone. But when I walked through the door he would stop what he was doing. He would be surprise for a second before he was rushing over to me, his lips crashing and molding against my own in a deep, sensual kiss that would take my breath away. I'd want for him to just hold me in his arms for a few seconds, but the urge to have our naked bodies pressed together would be too strong to resist and we'd make love all night before falling asleep in each others arms.

That was what I wanted to happen after I open that door. Not this. I would never imagine walking in on something like this. Because even though Camila's words followed me through my flight and up the elevators I didn't think Trey could betray me like this.

I was so fucking wrong.

Slowly sounds begin to enter my naive little bubble I had cooked up in those few seconds while my eyes locked on Trey. Like the shuffling of the Latina standing up on her feet, the buckle of Trey's belt trying to be quickly fastened followed by an agitated "Fuck" that left his lips. But was the loudest of them all was my heart beat. It was beating against my chest in rapid speed that it started to hurt. I reached out for something near me and felt the cool exterior of a door handle in my grasp.

"Amina." I blink and suddenly Trey is standing in front of me. I blink again and the Latina is standing just a few feet away trying to pull a dress over her body. "Amina." Trey repeats, finally gaining my attention.

I look at him, I mean really look at him. We've skyped every single night, sometimes even twice a day, yet the man standing in front of me looks nothing like the man who I fell in love with three months ago. This man is a fucking cheater.

"You've been really distant lately. And today when we talked on the phone you couldn't even say my name and you didn't tell me you love me like you were afraid or ashamed," I say, but my voice is barely over a whisper. I flick my gaze back at the nameless Latina woman who is standing watching the two of, as if she doesn't know what to do next. "Now I know why." I finish.

"Amina-" Trey tries again but before he can finish what he wanted to say I slap him across the face.

"You disgust me." I pour all my hatred and anger into those three words before I turn around and walk out the door.

"Baby." Trey grabs a hold of my wrist.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!" I scream at him and Trey instantly lets my hand go.

"Just let me explain." Trey begs me gently.

I shake my head. "I just want to go." I tell him, suddenly feeling exhausted. It was a long plane ride, I was so keyed up the entire time and I've barely slept the last few days.

"No." Trey grips my wrist again.

"Trey please." My voice cracks and I'm doing all that I can to keep from crying in front of him.

"Just talk to me Amina. I love you."

"Let me go Trey." I force my voice to sound stronger than I how I felt. Trey lets me go with a defeated look in his eyes and I walk over to the elevator and climb on. He stands there watching me, looking how I feel. Completely broken. But I don't fall for it. He doesn't deserve my sympathy right now. The elevators close and I drop down to the ground, letting the tears I was holding back fall freely.

Comments & votes greatly appreciated!!