Sixteen

I pull myself off Trey and sit back down on the couch, speechless. Just when I open my mouth to say something a phone ringing interrupts me.

"I gotta take this." Trey gets up and leaves the room. Slowly I bring up my fingers to my lips. I can't believe he kissed me... And I kissed back.

Speaking of kissing...  I Also had Alex to deal with and I had no idea what I was going to do. He was my friend, a really good friend and now I'm afraid that's all over. Trey walking back onto the room snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up at him to see him holding out his phone to me.

"Alex wants to talk to you."

So much for having time to think.

I try not to sigh as I reach out for the phone.
"Hi Alex." I can feel Trey watching me so I get up and enter the bedroom.

"I see you still alive... I called you a bunch of times."

"I wasn't ignoring you I promise. I must have left my phone in Trey's car." I tell him.

"Are you okay? You ran so quickly..."

I sighed as I sat down on the bed. "I'm sorry Alex. That just wasn't the best time for that."

"Would it have ever been the right time Amina? Tell me the truth." Alex urges.

"No." I admit. He was my friend. And even though he was good looking and really sweet, i just didn't see him that way.

"I had a feeling." Alex exhaled loudly.

"I'm sorry Alex."

"Naw, don't be sorry."

"Can we still be friends?" I wonder hopefully.

"You ain't getting rid of me that easily baby girl." Alex replies making me smile.

"I love you Alex."

"I love you too baby girl." We talked for a few more minutes and I got an update on Aiden before the both of us hung up.

I exit the bathroom to find Trey on the couch watching Insidious. He glanced over in my direction and I threw him his phone before sitting down next to him.

"That was pretty smooth." Is all I say before I snatch the remote out of his hands and turn up the volume before cuddling up to him to again.
***
"Hey, can I see your car keys?" I ask after Insidious is over.

"Sure.Why?" Trey asks as he pulls out his keys from the pocket of his jeans.

"I left my phone in your car."

"Alright." He hands me his keys. "I'll be back." I say before I turn around and head out the suite. I walk into the parking lot and easily spot Trey's car in the parking lot since it was easily the most expensive one in the lot and no one else had the same car. My phone is the cup holder where I don't even realize I left it. I pick it up and to no surprise the battery life is very low and desperate need of a charge. I back out the car and lock up behind me. Just as I start to make my way back to the hotel my phone vibrates in my hand.

It's Dmitri.

I think about not answering- what did we possibly need to talk about? But then there was also another part of me that wanted to see what he had to say.

"Hello."

"Amina." His voice comes out a breathy whisper.

"Why are you calling?"

"You need to come back home."

"Are you crazy? Why would I come back?"

"Because I know your secret." Dmitri pauses. "And do you really think homeboy is gonna want to be with you after he finds out?"

I didn't have to think about that very long because I already knew what the answer would be: No. I hated to admit it but Dmitri was right. Once Trey found out about my past he wouldn't look at me the same.

"No." I finally say softly.

"I'm the only one who can love you Amina. Come back to me baby." Dmitri pleads. "Where are you?"

"Jefferson Hotel."  I say after a few seconds of standing there unsure.

"I'll be right there." Dmitri hangs up.

I bite my lip thinking about what I just did. Trey lived in the spotlight and I didn't think I could handle that. My secret was my secret. I didn't want the entire world to know. And if that meant walking away from Trey then I guess that's what I had to do.

Bright headlights capture my attention and the car slows down until it comes to a stop in front of me. Dmitri's familiar silver honda comes to view and Dmitri climbs out the car. His own bruises healed up too, but not as well as mine. Both his eyes were still a little swollen and his nose was a little red.

Wordlessly I walk over to Dmitri's car. I look back at the hotel one last time before I climb inside and allow Dmitri to take me back home.

-------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think?!

Dmitri is back! What?! How do you guys feel?!

Hope you liked this chapter! *Worried face*

Thanks for reading :)

Officially read 1k + views, 100+comments & 100+ votes-- Thank you so much to everyone who's reading and decided to give my story a chance. You guys are awesome <3

4+ comments & 4+ votes for the next chapter :)