Chapter 30

Alice's POV

We got out of the plane, got our bags and headed to the exit where I expected at least Jay to wait for us. But nobody was there. I was a bit disappointed but well, they had their own lives now didn't they?
Zack waved a cab over and the driver helped us to load in our luggage. I got in and waited for Zack to join me on the backseat. After he told the driver where we were going, I leaned into his side and kissed his cheek, resting my head on his shoulder. He smiled and kissed my head.
We arrived about 20minutes later, got out and carried our luggage into our house. I was extremely pissed, because I tried calling Jay to tell her to come over, but every time she pushed me away. It was quite annoying, and so I decided to call Jack I mean, one of them had to have their phones on.
After I dialed his number, there were three beeps, before he accepted the call.
“Yes?” He asked, his voice rough.
“Hey Jack!” I said happily.
“... Hey” he replied confused, yet as if he wasn't in the mood of talking.
“Uh … I was just wondering if you wanted to come over with Jay?” I asked, trying to ignore his annoyance.
“I don't think we should come over” he replied.
“Is everything okay?” I asked now worried.
“Ask Jay” he said, before pushing me away.

“Hey Zack?” I asked, walking into our bedroom, to see him sorting our clothes.
“Yes?” He asked, looking up.
“Do you know what's up with Jack and Jay?” I asked worried. He looked as confused as me, making me realize he also didn't know.
“No idea” he replied shrugging. I nodded shortly, taking my phone again and deciding to call Cass.

“Hey Alice!” She screamed in euphoria.
“Hey Cass!” I replied in the same tone, making me smile.
“How are you?” She asked.
“I'm fine, yourself?” I asked back.
“Amazing! How was your trip?” she asked, making me start to rumble about how amazing the weather was, how peaceful the beach was, how clear the water was and how nice the people were.
“Aww now I'm jealous!” She said after I finished.
“You should be!” I joked, making her laugh “Uh hey Cass, I actually had to ask you something” I said, remembering why I called her in the first place.
“Sure, ask away!”
“What's up with Jack and Jay?” I asked. Silence filled the phone, and I thought that she declined the call “Hello?” I asked to make sure she was still there.
“Yes yes, I'm here” She said after another second of silence.
“So?” I asked again. She sighed and I sensed that it was something bad. “Cass, tell me” I pressured.
“I- I can't tell you...” She replied.
“What do you mean you can't tell me?” I asked pissed off by now.
“It wouldn't be right if I told you. Jay needs to tell you” She explained.
“Well but I can't reach her at the fucking moment” I replied. I didn't really wanted to swear but at the moment it seemed like the only option.
“I can take you to where she's staying...” she suggested.
“Yes, thanks” I replied, almost glad.
“But-” She started.
“But what?” I asked suddenly scared.
“You have to leave if she says you have to, and you can't visit her if she doesn't want to apart from today” She ended.
“Alright. Be here in 30okay?” I asked.
“See you” she said, declining the call, leaving me slightly anxious in my living room.
I decided to get dressed into something else, as it was a bit colder here in Baltimore. I put on some red skinnies and a black sweatshirt. I smiled into the mirror, before throwing my hair into a messy ponytail.
“Hey Zack?” I said, peeking into the bedroom.
“Yes love?” He asked, looking up.
“I'm going to check on Jay! You should probably go to Jack's and find out what's wrong with him” I suggested. He nodded, pecked my lips and with that I took my bag and went outside to wait for Cass.
She arrived within 5minutes and I got into the passengers seat.
Cass smiled at me, before starting the drive.
“Where is she though? I mean, Jack's house is right the other way?” I pointed out.
“She's not at Jack's” Cass replied.
“Well obviously, but why?” I asked still confused.
“She will tell you” Cass said, before turning into the oh so familiar drive way.
“She's at Matt's?” I asked.
“Yes, for already two weeks I think” Cass explained, getting out of the car. I looked shocked at her, before running to her as she knocked on the door.
“Hey Cass what are you- Fuck Alice?” Matt asked shocked. He turned pale. I've never seen him this anxious.
“Hey..?” I replied unsure.
“What is she doing here?” Matt asked Cass.
“She asked me what happened and I couldn't answer her okay?” Cass replied. Matt sighed and let us in. I got more and more nervous and I had no idea why.
“She's packing at the moment” Matt said, rubbing his forehead.
“Where is she going?” I asked shocked.
“She won't tell anybody” Cass replied. I nodded and walked into the guest room, knowing fully well that she was in there.
I knocked softly on the door, hoping that she'd allow me to enter.
“One second” She yelled, and I could hear her pack something away and cursing under her breath. “Come in” she said, and I could hear she was still busy doing whatever she was doing.
“Listen Matt I'm going to leave no matter what you say okay?” she said, her back still facing me as she threw all kinds of clothing into one big bag.
“Jay?” I asked confused. Suddenly she froze and it seemed like she didn't even breath anymore.
“Who told you I was here” she whispered, nearly incoherent for me.
“Cass... But Jay, what the hell is happening?” I asked, slowly putting my hand on her shoulder. She flinched away and walked to the other side of the room, now facing me.
“Nobody told you?” She asked shocked. I shook my head slowly.
“Did you call J-Ja... Him?” she asked, looking as if she'd tear up any second.
“Yes actually, he told me I should ask you” I replied. She scratched her neck, revealing a lot of scars and one thing, I didn't think I would ever see again on her wrist. “Why is there a countdown?” I asked confused.
“Uh well … Ja-Jack and I we... we broke up” she finished her sentence, crossing her arms in front of her again.
“You what?” I asked shocked.
“I... I messed up and he said he couldn't be with me anymore and so we... Well we thought it'd be the right thing” she explained quickly, before turning away and taking more clothes out of the shelve behind her.
“And now?” I asked confused.
“I'm going to a friends, I already called her, booked the flight it will be okay” she reassured me.
“Okay let me ask this different. What about your friends?” I asked, making her freeze shortly again.
“I can't stay here for the love if god. I didn't want you to see me now, I wanted to leave before you guys came back. I thought that you wouldn't be here for another 2days so I'm sorry that you had to see this” She explained, zipping her bag.
“And who're you staying with?” I asked desperate for her answer. She was my best friend after all!
“My friend like I said” She replied, throwing the bag on the floor and pulling it behind her.
“And where does your friend lives?” I asked again.
“Not here” She replied, as she put on her jacket and shoes, calling for Matt.
Matt appeared in the hall, putting on his jacket as well.
“Are you kidding me? You're helping her?” I asked shocked.
“I'm not helping her” replied Matt. I looked confused at him. “Okay yes in a way I am, but she seriously can't stay here, I understand it. The others support her as well. I don't think that if you just say no, she's going to stay” he explained, taking his car keys.
Jay waved shortly at me and Cass, before pulling her bag to Matt's car and throwing it in, before sitting down next to Matt.
She didn't once looked back. Tears suddenly fell from my eyes and I hated the fact I couldn't change anything.

Jay's POV

I didn't dare to look back. It already killed me not to hug neither Cass nor Alice. But I couldn't. If I had hugged them, I wouldn't have left, and I really had to.
Matt didn't say a word during the whole drive and I thanked him for that. He supported me, though he wanted me to stay as well. We arrived at the airport within 20minutes and I took a nervous sigh, before getting out and taking my bag. Grabbing my lighter and a cigarette, I stopped right before the entrance and started to smoke it. Of course, I offered Matt one but he denied it.
“You do know you can still say no and just stay?” He asked me with a worried look.
“I have to go Matt, I can't stay here and be a burden to you all. Plus Jack lives here and I really don't want that he sees me any time soon. He hates me, and that's perfectly fine” I replied, brushing the fringe out of my face.
“He doesn't hate you” Matt argues, but to me it didn't matter.
“He does. You know it, Cass knows it, I know it and Jack knows it. Maybe someday we'll be able to talk again, but until then I have a challenge to master” I smiled at him. He nodded and sighed.
“Promise to stay in touch?” He asked sadly.
“Promise not to tell anybody?” I asked back. He nodded after a couple of moments, making me smile.
“Promise” he said finally.
“Promise” I whispered, as I hugged him. He hugged me back, before letting me go to get into the airport.
As my flight was going off in 20minutes there was no long wait or anything. I gave away my luggage and hurried to the boarding, and got onto the plane.
I got a seat near the window and smiled, as I looked out of the window, seeing Baltimore one last time for a long time.
I wiped away a tear that was falling now, putting my earphones in and starting the music.

But well, that's what they say.

If you're brave enough to say goodbye...

A/N: 
Hello everyone!
So, this is the last chapter of 'It was like a time bomb'.
I'm sorry that this chapter is so short and shit but I couldn't make it any longer and I'm really REALLY sorry!
I'm quite sad about the fact that I ended this fanfiction because it was truly amazing to write this one. I changed a lot within the fanfiction and I think that my writing improved
Or at least I hope it did.
So, here's to all of you
Thank you to everybody who read this, who voted, commented and thought this was a good story.
Thank you for the almost 4000reads, thank you for the 66votes and thank you for sticking up with me and bearing with my bad updates.
I really hope you did liked it.
Before anybody asks, i decided that I will write a sequel.
As soon as I publish the first chapter of the new one, I'm going to make a new chapter on this story to post the link.

I guess now it's time to say goodbye to all of you who won't read my sequel? 
Thank you guys a lot. I love every single one of you, and I understand if you don't want to continue reading this.
I love you though, and I hope to see lots of you on my new way.
Have a lovely day, week and also year 2014.
I love every single one of you,
Juliaa xx