Chapter 29

I woke up the next day with a massive headache and puffy eyes. Letting my hand fall from the bed, I searched for my phone, with my eyes still closed.

God, what did I do yesterday?

“JACK?” I called out, now slowly opening my eyes, to reveal I wasn't at home. And suddenly, yesterdays events came back to my mind and made me cry again. But this time it wasn't just the 'I'm sad' kind of crying, but I was starting to choke and have troubles breathing. Trying to steady my breath, I sat up in bed, pulling my knees to my chest, my breath still hitched up.

I calmed down after a while, and unlocked my phone. I got two messages. Opening the first one, I saw a picture of Alice and Zack on the beach, both making slight duck faces and peace signs. I chuckled, before sending them one of myself in the same position back. Opening the second one, my stomach dropped again.

'In two days at 2pm at the counselor center' Jack messaged me.

So that was it. He made his decision. I sighed and looked at the clock. 9:24am. I got up from the bed, and put on my yesterdays clothes, I grabbed my toothbrush and quickly brushed them, before taking my bag and heading to the living room. I searched for a pencil and a piece of paper, before quickly writing a note.

'Hey guys!

Sorry that I didn't wait for you to wake up but if I'd wait, it would have been too sad. I'm thanking you for letting me stay here but I need to find something for myself.

I should see you two soon though!

Love you loads, Jay xx'

I finished, put it on the fridge and with that I went out, quietly not to wake them, and walked to my car.

Looking at the street, I thought about what to do next. I thought about who would take me now. Suddenly, it made click and I knew exactly who would let me live with him for a while. Not bothering to call him, I started the engine and drove down the familiar streets. Stopping in front of his drive way, I grabbed my hand bag and approached his door. I knocked and waited for him to open the door.

“Jay?” He asked confused and sleepily.

“Sorry I woke you up” I said biting my lip.

“Don't worry. Not to be mean but, what are you doing here?” He asked, rubbing his eyes before letting me in.

“Uh … Jack and... Jack and I are going to break up” I explained, walking into his kitchen to get myself a cup of orange juice.

“Oh okay... Wait WHAT?” He asked, his voice suddenly loud.

“I messed up, it's okay” I said, taking a sip.

“It's not okay! What happened, are you okay?” He asked, hugging me tight.

I hugged him back, but didn't feel tears coming this time.

“Matt, I've finished. It's a chapter in my book that's called life, and it came to an end, I have to hope that the new chapter will be better” I explained, looking at him.

He sighed, shaking his head.

“God dammit Jay. Tell me, what happened?” he asked, leading me into the living room.

I sighed and started telling him everything as well.

He looked shocked in the end.

“And he said that...” he started and I nodded. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair, before looking sympathetic at me.

“Don't give me that look. Don't tell me it's not my fault blah blah blah! It is okay? I should have kept it!” I warned him. He nodded and looked down again.