Chapter one

Waking up by the sound of your alarm is horrible. But waking up to the sound of your roommates fighting is even worse.

I slowly adjusted everything around me. The bright light coming from the big windows in my bedroom, the yelling out of the living room and finally stretching my arms and legs. I slowly started to get out of my bed, walking towards the door that lead into the living room and stood in the door frame, waiting for them to realize I was there.

About 5minutes have passed until they realized, they've done shit.

“Sorry Jay” Alice said looking down. I sighed annoyed.

“What's the matter this time?” I asked looking at both, Alice and Claire.

“Claire just doesn't get the function of our wristbands!” Alice exclaimed annoyed.

“You have again a boyfriend?” I asked annoyed. Claire nodded.

“Come on, you can't tell me you haven't looked at a boy and checked him out! It's natural, and those things aren't!” She said, pointing to our countdowns.

I guess I have to explain? We live in a time, where from birth on, we have countdowns on our wrists. They tell us when exactly we are going to meet our soul mates. Once we've found them, we won't have eyes for anybody else, and we will feel a love that we never thought we'd experience. The bad side about it is, that it might take about 25years until you find your soul mate, and so many of us have boyfriends and / or one night stands before, though they know that it will end sooner or later. And well, Claire was one of them. She would go out every night and come back with a random guy every now and then.

I never really cared, as long as they went away by the time I woke up, but Alice was really pissed off about that.

“Okay Claire. Look at your Countdown and tell me, how long is it, until you find your Mister perfect” I asked, looking at her. She looked pissed and looked at her wrist. Suddenly a smile crept onto her face.

“I'm going to meet him in a week” She replied whispering. I could see that by now, she forgot about this being 'Unnatural' or whatever.

“See, in one week you will finally meet the love of your life!” I said smiling.

“You know what will be the best thing? I will finally loose this shit!” She said, pointing to the clock. I laughed at her and looked down at mine.

'2days, 4hours, 48minutes, 24seconds' I sighed. I would be glad if I'd finally meet my mate. Sadly, somehow I always managed to extend the time.

One time, there were only 2minutes and some seconds left, and my heart was pounding like crazy. And then, I only turned to the left, and it went back onto a couple of months.

This happened a few times to me, and to be honest I was quite pissed. But this time I would try to make everything normally, and wouldn't pay attention to it.

Just as I was about to over think everything again, I was interrupted by Alice.

“Jay? Do you wanna come with me when I visit Alex in a few days?” Alice asked, smiling at me.

“Sure... would be lovely meeting him finally!” I said smiling.

You see, Alex is Alice's best friend or even brother or something like that. She's always talking about how much fun they have at parties and shit, but never introduced us.

“Thanks for inviting me as well!” I could hear Claire yell from the bathroom.

“It's not like you would come anyway” Alice yelled back, making us chuckle.