Chapter 23

We entered the small restaurant and sat down, getting a menu each.

“So, how did you and Alice get friends?” Lydia asked smiling.

“Well” I chuckled slightly, looking at Alice who was also laughing “We've been friends for what, 13? 14years? But well, our parents met at a I think it was new years party, and seeing both, Alice and me, were still children, we had to go up into the 'children room' and play games or talk and the like. And well, our parents clicked pretty fast and started to see each other, that also meant, we had to see each other more often. But the thing is now, Alice and I hated each other in the beginning. And well, time brought us closer and we've been best friends ever since” I explained, smiling at her.

“Aw that's so cute!” She smiled, looking at both of us.

“How did you meet Alice?” I asked.

“Oh well, it's nothing special actually, Alice and I just worked at the same place and got pretty close I'd say. And when she asked me to be her bridesmaid I was so happy like I can't even explain how shocked I was that she'd ask me!” she explained sighing in content.

“Oh okay! I some why thought you'd be school friends oh god” I replied laughing.

“No! God dammit Jay, we've been together during high school and college” Alice laughed, and just then the waiter arrived.

“Hello, may I take your order?” he asked nicely.

“I'd like the pancakes with chocolate syrup and a cup of black tea” Alice smiled, giving him her menu. He scribbled something down, before taking it from her and turning to Lydia.

“I'd like the- uh, french toast? With some eggs, and a cup of coffee” she smiled, giving him her menu as well.

He now turned to me waiting for my order.

“I'd like the omelet du fromage” I said, trying to pronounce it in the best french way I could, making everybody giggle “And a cup of coffee as well” I smiled, handing him my menu. He nodded and walked off.

“So, what for dresses have you thought of?” Lydia asked cheerful, turning to Alice.

“Well, I'm not too sure yet but I want you all to wear the same dresses, maybe just different colours. Also, your dresses won't reach down to the ground, but go somewhere around your knees I guess” She explained, making Lydia nod.

“And what about the shoes?” She asked again.

“Thank you for asking about the shoes!” I laughed, making her chuckle as well.

“Guys! Well, of course heels, and in the colour of your dress” Alice replied with a short laugh.

“Okay, sounds great” Lydia smiled.

We finished breakfast about half an hour later and went to the same store, we bought Alice's wedding dress.

“Good morning! How can I help you” The woman behind the table asked us.

“I'm here for the appointment for the bridesmaid dresses” Alice explained, walking over to the table.

“Could I please have your name?” She asked, looking at her Computer.

“Lacke” Alice replied.

“Ah, I see! If you would follow me? I'm going to tell one of my co-workers to join you in a minute” She explained, leading us to a small room with a lot of mirrors and a smaller room to get dressed in.

“Okay have you already picked any dresses?” I asked, walking around and looking at all of the fabric examples.

“Not yet... Seriously, I'm going to explain what I want in rough details and then tell her she should get me something like that” Alice laughed. I nodded and looked further at all the colours.