Chapter 13

Three days passed like nothing, and today was the day of Emma's birthday.
I woke up at 8o'clock and prepared breakfast. I decided to go with Claire's suggestion and decided to take her to a club.
I got up and walked into the kitchen, stirring the pancake dough and waiting for the pan to get hot enough. I decided to make some pancakes with blueberries, some with raspberries and some with chocolate chips, as I wasn't sure which were Emma's favorite ones. I took out some syrup and chocolate syrup, and placed plates on the table.
Seeing it was only 8:30 I started to prepare her birthday cake.
I wanted it to be special, because knowing my mom, her last birthday cakes were just plain and simple. But not this year, I wanted to make sure she'd remember everything this year. I decided to make a chocolate cake and then add lots of decoration. As I was getting bored I went into my room and got my phone along with my headphones. I clicked on a random play list and The Summer set started playing.
I smiled and hummed along the songs, continuing to prepare the dough. Once the dough was finished I poured it into a pan and placed it into the oven. I sat down on the kitchen isle and went through some mentions of mine. I saw Jack was awake and that he tweeted me, making me grin like a fool.

-Can't wait till you all meet our merchgirls @Alicelaa and @JuliaaJay!
Most of my mentions were in reply to Jack's tweet, making me smile even more. They were saying how they wished us luck and how lucky we were. I smiled and decided to reply Jack.
- @JackAllTimeLow @AliceeLaa Too bad we're not that excited I smiled and sent the tweet. I went through some tweets on my timeline and then decided to go on facebook.
I had a few messages from old friends, but I decided to read them later, seeing I had better things to do. After that, I scrolled through tumblr and reblogged quite a few posts, and then searched for ideas how to decorate the cake. I decided to cover it in white fondant, and then write on it with melted chocolate, something like 'Happy Birthday', actually the usual thing. I started to search for everything, and then prepared everything for the fondant. Seeing I had none ready, I made on myself, and then did a fudge, so the fondant would stick to the cake. I then also found some whipped cream and thought it would help with the decoration. After I got it all out, I got some food colors and died it in red and blue. The cake itself was ready to get out, and I placed it on the window sill, so it would cool down faster.
I then started to roll out the fondant and then melted the chocolate, making sure it was all liquid. I left it in the hot water, before taking the cake and spreading the fudge all over it. I then placed the fondant on top of it, and made sure it fitted. I then started to draw hearts and stars on the cake with the chocolate, and wrote 'Happy Birthday Emma' on it. After then I squeezed the whipped cream on, making sure it was alternately red and blue.
I was finished with everything at 11am, and headed for a quick shower.
I slipped out of my pj's and got into the shower, making sure it was a cold one. About 10minutes later I got out and walked into my room with the towel around me, searching for a nice outfit. I decided to go with some black ripped skinnies and a plain white tank top.
I then put my wet hair into a ponytail, and went to wake Alice and Claire.
Once all of us were awake, we went into my room again, to wake Emma. We all sat down in front of her, and started to sing.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Emma,
Happy Birthday to you!” we all cheered in the end, and Emma was woken up completely. She flashed us a grin, before hugging each of us.
“Thank you guys” She mumbled, still sounding tired.
“Okay, you get ready and then come into the kitchen!” I said, grabbing Alice and Claire, before walking into the kitchen.
“Holy fuck, you've done this today?” Alice whispered, admiring the cake. I nodded and Claire gave me a thumbs up. I smiled at them, before placing it into the fridge, making sure Emma wouldn't see it before we got to Jack's. He offered that we would start her actual birthday party there, and I gladly accepted.
We all sat down, and I placed a small candle on top of Emma's pancake, before she walked in. She was dressed in some blue denim shorts and a black tanktop, her hair put into a messy bun. She hadn't applied her make up yet, and to be honest it was always weird seeing her without make up now.
She sat down, smiling at us, before blowing the candle.
“Have you wished for something?” I asked excited.
“Yes! But I'm not going to tell” She laughed, making me pout. We all laughed and started eating.
We finished about 20minutes later, and Claire offered to clean up. I thanked her, before walking into the hall.
“Okay, so what are we going to do today?” Emma asked smiling.
“Well, we will drive to Jack's and celebrate your birthday there, and then we have a surprise for you” I smiled. She nodded and grinned.
“What's the surprise?” She pouted.
“It wouldn't be a surprise if we told you, silly” Alice laughed, making Emma laugh and roll her eyes.
“Okay, so I told Jack we'd be there at around 3pm so I suggest we start to get ready?” I asked, making both of them nod.
I smiled and walked into my room, dragging Emma along with me.
“So, how should I dress?” She asked.
“I suggest you wear something fancy, but not too fancy... how about I let you borrow one of my dresses?” I asked. She nodded eagerly, making me smile. I searched for a while, until I found the dress I wore at my 20th birthday. Well you see, I've been pretty small some years ago, and I was sure it would fit her. It was a lemon green dress, that was quite puffy, with a yellow belt and some accessorize along the bottom part. She looked stunned by the dress and took it carefully, I then searched for some shoes that could fit her, and found the white ones I was wearing to the dress. They were plain white with a big heel. She thanked me and accepted it gladly.
“Do you want to make your make up and hair yourself or should I do it?” I asked smiling.
“Can you do it?” She asked after a while, making me smile and nod.
She went to take a shower, while I started to search for something I could wear. I settled for a plain white dress, that was fitted and strapless, along with some black heels. I put both on my bed, before blow drying my hair. I decided I would add some big curls, and so I did. By the time I was finished, Emma came back and smiled at me. I smiled back and she changed into some baggies with a too big t-shirt, before blow drying her hair as well. She smiled, telling me she was ready. I nodded towards the chair and got my brush and straightener.
I brushed her hair first, and thought about what I could make her.
“Oh god, your roots are so long” I exclaimed after a while.
“I know! Mom won't let me dye them!” She sighed.
“Well, as long as you're here, mom won't tell you anything. We will go to a hairdresser tomorrow and will get them died!”I said, making her smile.
“Really?” She asked happily.
“Yeah, I have to cute mine anyways” I answered, making her smile even brighter. “Do you want your hair curled or out of your face?” I asked.
“Out of my face! I don't want to walk around and sweat all over the place” She replied laughing. I nodded and started to brush her hair into a tight ponytail, before braiding many small braids. I made sure they were all the same length and thickness, before putting them all int a bun. I fixed everything with hairspray and went over to her fringe. I straightened it, making sure that there were no waves. She smiled at me, and I pinned her fringe back, applying concealer and powder. I decided to make her a smoky eye look, but instead of black I used a darker shade of green, and made her a winged eye liner.
I then applied a thick layer of mascara, making sure that her eyes would stand out, and then a nude lipstick. I finished it, by brushing her fringe in place and fixing it with hairspray. I gave her a mirror and she gasped as she saw the result.
“Wow, thanks so much!” She smiled, hugging me.
“Never mind” I replied, smiling. She went over and got the dress, rushing back into the bathroom to get dressed. I smiled and got my dress on, before just applying some eye liner and mascara. Seeing it was already half past 2, I called Jack to pick me up.
Alice, Claire and Emma would drive in Alice's car, but I needed to make sure that Emma wouldn't see the cake and the presents before the party.
The girls promised to make some detour, so that Jack and I would arrive in time. They started to drive in time, and I waited for Jack.
Alice was wearing her dress, that she was fighting over with Claire a week ago, while Claire was just wearing a black short skirt, and a white tanktop with a black blazer. We all decided to go with a casual make up and all wore black heels. I smiled as I heard a car driving up in the drive way, and immediately ran towards the door, and opening it as Jack stood in front of it.
“Hey there” he mumbled, leaning down and giving me a kiss.
“Hi” I replied as we pulled away. “okay so, here take the cake while I get the presents!” I said in a sudden rush. Jack just nodded taking the cake to the car.
I went into Alice's room and walked over to her wardrobe, opening it and taking out the presents. We decided each of us would buy one for her, and then we'd buy her one together.
I packed it all into Jack's car and with that we drove off into his house.
There I was greeted by Alex, Zack, Rian, Cass, Matt and Vinny. I have each of them a hug and we all waited for the girls to arrive. We placed the presents on one table, and the cake on the other, and in the moment we were ready, the door opened and the girls came in.
We all sang Happy Birthday again, and Emma was about to cry.
I guess it was the best present ever, to have your sisters favorite band sing happy birthday to her, and then also celebrate your birthday with them. She hugged everybody and said thank you, and then saw the cake, gasping.
“Oh my god it looks so amazing” She gasped, making me smile.
“Glad you like it!” Jack suddenly said, making me crack up with laughter. Emma rolled her eyes laughing.
“Yeah right, I bet you stood the whole night in the kitchen preparing this cake! Thanks Jack” She said sarcastically. She hugged me again, thanking me. We then all sat down and decided it was time for Emma. She nodded and we decided to spin the bottle to see who would give her the presents. It landed on me first, and I chuckled.
“Okay, here you go!” I said, handing her the present. She took it and carefully ripped off the paper. It was a long box, and she opened it, to reveal a silver chain with a small heart on it.
“It's so beautiful!” She said smiling, looking up.
“Open it” I smiled.
She opened the charm, and inside was a picture of her and me, when we were younger.
“Oh my god, where did you find this picture?” She chuckled, looking stunned.
“I had it on my laptop” I chuckled. She went over and hugged me tight, thanking me again.
I nodded and she spun the bottle again.
This time it landed on Jack and she blushed.
“Okay so, we didn't know what to get you, so we all got you a present together, I hope you will like it” Jack smiled, handing her the present.
She smiled and started opening it.
“Holy fuck” She mumbled, taking out an All Time Low shirt. “This is something from the new merch isn't it?” she smiled. The guys nodded and she started to grin.
“You haven't seen everything” Zack laughed, making her furrow her eyebrows.
She turned it around and the all the guys and Cass signed the shirt, making her squeal. We all laughed and she hugged everyone before thanking them again. They nodded and she went back to spin the bottle. It landed on Alice and she stood up, handing her the present. Emma opened it and inside was a book from John Green. Emma thanked her and hugged her, before looking at Claire. Claire laughed, before taking the last two presents, first handing her the smaller one. Emma opened it to reveal a leather bracelet with some charms on it.
“It's amazing! Thanks” she smiled, hugging her.
“Okay so, we have one last present for you, and it's from the three of us actually so, here you go” I said, handing her the last one. She smiled and started unwrapping it. I hoped she'd like it. When she was done she gasped and looked up at us.
“Are you serious?” She asked. We all nodded and she took out the keys.
“I don't feel good letting you go away again. I can imagine how freaked out mom and dad were when you've changed and I just don't want them to control you, so you can live with us” I smiled.
She was still shocked and stunned.
“I would love to!” She finally managed to crack out, pulling us into a group hug. “But what about mom and dad?” She asked thoughtfully.
“Let that be my problem!” I smiled and she nodded.
We sat there for a little longer and then all went into a restaurant, where I reserved places.
It was a nice small restaurant and we got lead to a table as soon as we arrived. We were handed the menus and the lady asked for our drinks. We whether got water or coke, and all of us god a beer.
The waitress looked skeptical at Emma, but didn't question it. She came back soon and we all gave her our food orders.
“Okay, so are you excited for later?” I asked after a while.
“Seeing I don't know what we're going to do, yes I am!” She laughed. I smiled at her and then about 10minutes later the food arrived.
We all ate, joking and talking while doing so and at around 9pm we said good bye to Alex, Matt, Vinny, Rian and Cass, and got into two cars, driving to our end destination.
We arrived at the club and I turned around to see Emma's shocked face.
“Are you serious?” She asked after a while.
I nodded and she started to grin like a fool. I took her hand and led her to the line, while waiting for us to be able to enter.