Chapter 34- Problem solved

Adisa's Pov

Fili looks at the guard holding me angrily, as we are ruffly placed in a half circle outside of what must be the masters house. I throw my shoulder back into the guys gut and smirk as I hear his muffled groan. Fili quietly chuckles from beside me and is smacked over the head for making a sound. My smirk disappears and I look guiltily at Fili, maybe I should behave myself before he gets seriously hurt. The doors are quickly opened and a fat, ugly man comes out, who I can only guess is the master.

"What is the meaning of this?" The master asks.

"We caught them stealing weapons sire" The same snivelling man from the docks says, Alfrid I think his name was.

"Ah, enemies of the state, eh" The master continues.

"A desperate bunch of mercenaries, if ever there was, sire" Alfrid said. A crowd has started to gather around us. This is probably the most exciting thing that has happened for these people in a long time.

"Hold your tongue! You do not know to whom you speak! This is no common criminal! This is Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror!" Dwalin says as he stands forward. Thorin steps out from behind Balin and the crowd gasps.

"We are the dwarves of Erebor. We have come to reclaim our homeland. I remember this town in the great days of old. Fleets of boats lay at harbour filled with silks and fine gems. This was no forsaken town on a lake! This was the centre of all trade in the North! I would see those days return! I would relight the great forges of the dwarves, and send wealth and riches flowing once more from the halls of Erebor!" Thorin says powerfully. The crowd all cheer loudly and I smile, Thorin surely will be a great king.

"Death, that is what you will bring upon us! Dragon fire and ruin. If you awaken that beast. It will destroy us all!" Bard says as he steps forward out of the crowd. I reach over and grab Fili's hand with my own, he turns his head to smile at me gently.

"You can listen to this naysayer, but I promise you this. If we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain. You will have enough gold to rebuild Esgaroth ten times over!" Thorin says, the crowd cheers loudly again and I happily squeeze Fili's hand.

"All of you listen to me, you must listen! Have all of you forgotten what happened to Dale? Have you forgotten those who died in the fire storm? And for what purpose! For the blind ambition of a mountain king, so driven by greed he cannot see beyond his own desire!" Bard yells out to the crowd.

"Now, now, we must not, any of us be quick to lay blame. Let us not forget that it was Girion, Lord of Dale, your ancestor who failed to kill the beast!" The master says, pointing his finger at Bard. I looked at Bard in shock, how could he not tell us that Girion was his ancestor, surely he would have told Ava.

"It's true, sire! We all know the story. Arrow after arrow he shot, each one missing its mark!" Alfrid says. Bard walks up to Thorin and stands towering over him.

"You have no right! No right to enter that mountain!" Bard says.

"I have the only right!" Thorin says quietly. He turns around to look up at the master.

"I speak to the master of the men of the lake! Will you see the prophecy fulfilled?! Will you share in the great wealth of our people?! What say you?! Thorin asks the master.

"I say unto you. Welcome!" The crowd cheers. "Welcome and thrice welcome, King under the mountain!" He continues, as he throws his arms up in a gesture of welcome. The guards quickly let us go and we are soon swarmed by the excited chatter from the crowd. I look to Fili and smile, we are finally going to make it.