Chapter 32- Laketown

Adisa's Pov

I'm not sure how much time pasts before we stop. I wait for a signal for us to get out, expecting Bard to say something, but instead he kicks our barrels over so that some of the fish spills out, revealing us. I climb out of my barrel and grumble, as I realise that I smell like a rotten fish. Fili walks over to me after getting out of his own barrel and looks to see if I'm alright.

"Are you well?" he asks concernedly and I smile.

"Yes, apart from the fact that I smell like a dead fish" I reply with a chuckle.

"I think I can handle that" Fili replies as he pulls me in for a hug. I smile and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Come on you two, keep up" Bard says as he walks off with the rest of the company following. He stops after a few steps and hands a coin to a man standing nearby. "You didn't see them, they were never here. The fish you can have for nothing" Bard says. I see how him and Ava could have been friends, he wants what is best for people, a natural born leader. Bard leads us along the streets and behind houses until a young boy runs up to meet us.

"Da, our house, it's being watched" the boy says and I realise that this must be Bards son.

Bard seems to think for a moment before turning to us with a grim look on his face. I can tell we're not going to like what he has to say.

"You're going to have to go in a different way to stay hidden" Bard says.

"What way?" Thorin asks coldly.

"Through the toilet. It's the only way that they won't notice all of you. Except Adisa, you can come with me, you shouldn't be too suspicious on your own" Bard says and I sigh in relief, I really did not want to go through the toilet. I feel sorry for the rest of the dwarves though, especially as we already all smell like dead fish, they really don't need to add nasty toilet smells to the list.

Fili shudders beside me and I get the feeling that he is not happy about this plan either.

"If you want to stay hidden you must move now" Bard says as he hurries the dwarves on and points them in the direction they must go. I let go of Fili's hand and follow after Bard as he heads off. Once we near his home Bain runs over with an old blanket in his arms. He hands it to Bard who then drapes it over my shoulder making me look like any other person from this town. Bard lays an arm over my shoulder and I add a little hobble to my step, adding to the act of him helping me out.

Walking up to Bards front door, I notice some men watching the house from the corner of my eye. I tilt my head away so that they can't see my face and wait for Bard to close the door behind us. He stops for a second before whistling to the men in a boat below us, throwing then an apple at the same time.

"You can tell the master I am done for the day" he says before shutting the door.

"Da! Where have you been?" A young girl says, as she runs over to Bard and hugs him. This must be one of his other children.

"Father, there you are, I was worried" An older girl says.

"Are you sure they didn't notice me?" I ask as I take the old blanket off.

"They would have asked questions if they could tell" Bard replies and I smile at him in thanks.

"Who are you?" The young girl asks as she comes over and tugs at my hand.