Chapter 29- Ava's going to kill me

Adisa's Pov

"Hold on!!!" Thorin yells as we approach some rapids and a small waterfall. Water splashes up and hits me in the face and I use the back of my hand to wipe the stray drops off. I check behind me to see if Bilbo is still holding on to his barrel and I sigh with relief when I notice he is alright.

I grip on tightly to the edge of my barrel as it crashes against the rocks and other barrels.
The water is absolutely freezing and I can feel my teeth begin to chatter, I don't envy Ava right now, at least she is dry, at least I hope she is.

"Help!" Ori cries as he is suddenly separated from the group.

"Ori" Dori yells out in despair, now is not the time for us to get split apart. A horn is suddenly heard from behind us and I instantly know we have been discovered. I lower my hands into the water and try to push myself further along with my hands. I am not getting thrown back into that dungeon. My eyes widen as I notice some guards standing above the gate to our freedom.

"No!" Thorin cries out as one of those guards pulls the lever which closes the gate. We are trapped. I am in the middle of the company so I don't quite make it under the bridge. I catch Fili's eyes and I can tell we are thinking the same thing, I would really hate these Mirkwood elves, if Ava weren't one.

The guards move in unison as they position themselves ready for any conflict. My heart clenches as an arrow suddenly flies out of nowhere and for a second I think it is Ava but I do not recognise the arrow as it brutally pierces one of the guards. The feeling of dread soon follows as I realise our escape just became twice as hard. I glance up sharply to meet the eyes of an orc, yep like I said, a whole lot harder.

"Watch out! There's orcs!!" The dwarves call out as they move out of the way of the falling elf. The orcs all swarm up closer and start attacking the guards, I quickly reach down to grab one of my daggers but I realise that they were all taken from me, every single one, the elves were very thorough. The battle between the elves and orcs is obviously because of us and I worry about how we are going to escape with this many elves and orcs after us. What happens if Ava tries to catch up with us but we are still trapped in the dungeons, Bilbo might not be able to save us a second time.

"Get under the bridge" Thorin orders and I try my best to move my barrel as close to the others as possible. An orc suddenly falls down next to me and tries to stab one of the dwarves when Bilbo suddenly pops up and stabs it through the neck, killing it instantly. I smile at the hobbit in thanks and beam with pride when I realise how brave Bilbo has become.

I glance over at Fili to see him watching Kili disapprovingly and I quickly follow his line of sight to see Kili eyeing up the gate lever. I understand his plan instantly and fear runs through me, Ava will not like this one bit. It is too late to stop him as he has already begun climbing out of his barrel. The barrels rock wildly as he steps on them to make his way to the path. Worry settles over me as I realise how dangerous his actions are, he doesn't even have any weapons. If he gets injured or killed then I don't know what Ava would do, I wouldn't want to be around her to find out.

Kili is soon approached by an orc and ducks as it swings its sword over his head. He then punches it in the face to then be thrown a weapon by Dwalin. I catch a weapon of my own as another orc falls past me. I throw it at a different orc soon after and smile when it hits it in the chest and the orc falls into the water. By then Kili has finished of the orc and has been approached by another one. He swings at its leg before kicking it in the stomach and pushing it off the path and into the water. I get a sense of hope as Kili continues killing orcs to make his way up the stairs to the lever.