Chapter 33- Mother!!!

Ava's Pov

I look at the male elf who claims to be my brother in a state of shock. I would have known if I had a full brother, wouldn't I? I mean my mother would never keep such a big secret from me, well rather I hope she wouldn't. I don't really know what to expect from her since she left me.

Alok continues to smile down at me and I recall how familiar his smile was. He has my mothers smile, I realise with a gasp. No wonder I felt like I had seen him before, I had grown up with that smile my whole childhood.

"That is not possible, Legolas is the only brother I have" I say in disbelief even though he has her smile.

"It is true, mother was carrying me when she ran away" He explains.

"Even if that were to be true, why return now? Throughout my whole banishment she has not tried to find me, has not tried to get a message to me" I say angrily.

"She always felt that you were best off without her, that you would never have forgiven her for leaving you behind" He explains.

"Well then she would be right, I have nothing to say to her. This whole time I thought she had been banished just as I was, but no, she left me to the mercy of Thranduil" I say.

"There is more to the story than you know, that is why we have come, to tell you the truth" He says.

"What do you mean we?" I ask.

"Mother is here too, but I left her by the campsite, she wishes to speak to you" He explains.

"Why now of all times? Why now do I deserve the truth?" I say.

"Because she is dying, the sickness that lays over this forest has seeped into her and she is getting weaker everyday" He says sadly.

"Why should that mean anything to me. She abandoned me!" I say angrily.

"That was not by choice! She has been watching over you for years, waiting for the right chance to explain everything to you" He says.

"And that time is conveniently now, after I have spoken to Thranduil who has already revealed the truth to me" I say.

"The only thing that comes out of Thranduil is lies. This may be the only chance you get to speak to her" He says and I know he is right, no matter how betrayed I feel, I also cannot solely believe the lies that come out of Thranduils mouth.

"How far from here is she? If I am to see her I will not be caught by the guards doing so" I say bluntly.

"She is not far, but we must hurry, we have already wasted enough time as it is" Alok says, he takes one last look at me and heads deeper into the forest. I hesitate for a second before following him. After 5 minutes of walking silently side by side I get curious.

"How do you know your way through this forest? It took me many years to safely find my way through" I ask curiously.

"Mother has told me about this forest since the day I was born, I may not have entered it before, but I know it as well as any one of the elves here" He replies.

"So if you have known of me all these years why am I only just learning of your existence now?" I ask.

"Mother forbade me to find you. She said you were better off without us in your life, as it would only have brought up the memories of her leaving you" He says.