Chapter 5- Trolls

Ava's Pov

We have been traveling for a while now, and I am quite happily listening in to a story Adisa is telling some of the dwarves.

"And then" Adisa says between gasps of laughter. "Ava walks up to the man and says. . ."

Flashback

"I would insult you, but that would be beyond your level of intelligence" I say confidently to the man who has just hit on Adisa.

We are currently at an inn, goodness knows where. I forgot where we were years ago, what's the point when you don't belong anywhere. We are in the company of men, dirty creatures these 'men'. Me and Adisa have been traveling for a while, on the hunt for some rogue orcs, who are terrorising villages.

"Yeah right, elf, is that all you've got. What are you gonna do, hit me with your harp" the man says, sniggering with his friends.

I smile sweetly at the man and slowly walk right up to him, I run my finger gently up and down his arm, I lean in to whisper in his ear.
"Don't mess with me" I say menacingly, as I grab him by the shoulders and pull him downward as my knee raises up and connects right with his crown jewels.

"Ooof" the man cries before toppling onto the floor. His friends crowd around him, while I turn to the innkeeper.

"I think it would be best if we move on for the night, thanks anyway" I say as the innkeeper nods enthusiastically. I quickly grab our gear and usher Adisa out the door. As soon as we are outside we both crack up laughing.

"I can't believe you did that" Adisa says incredulously.

"Me neither" I say as I gather our gear up and settle it on my back.
"Let's go"

End of flashback

"What happened next?" Bofur asks, bringing us back to reality.

"Well" I say. "Let's just say that man may not be able to have any kids in the future." The whole company burst into laughter. Adisa is laughing so hard i'm afraid she will fall off her pony. I even think I see a slight grin on Thorin's face.

"That's also when our reputation was first created" Adisa says, adding to the conversation. "We are 'The Mercenaries' breaking hearts, and saving lives, everywhere we go"

We are interrupted by Thorin.
"We'll camp here for the night" he calls out.
"Fili, Kili look after the ponies, make sure you stay with them" Thorin orders as we stop at the campsite, it is an old farmhouse, or really what is left of it.
"Oin, Gloin, get a fire going"

"A farmer and his family used to live here" Gandalf says insightfully.
"I think it would be wiser to move on. We will make for the hidden valley"

"I have told you already, I will not go near that place" Thorin says defensively.

I start to back away after I hear that, I do not want to be involved with this argument. Instead I walk over to talk to Bilbo.

"Hi Bilbo, how are things going" I ask.

"It's ok, I'm still getting used to being away from home though" He replies.

"Yes, you'll get a bit homesick, but you'll always have one of us to talk to" I say motioning to the other dwarves. Our conversation is cut short by Gandalf storming past us. Wow he doesn't look happy.

"Everything alright? Gandalf where are you going?" Bilbo asks.

"To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense" Gandalf replies.