Chapter 18- Beorn

Adisa's Pov

"Sorry to interrupt this touching moment but shouldn't we be on our way" I say to the others.

"Adisa is right, we must move out. The more distance between us and Azog, the better." Thorin orders.

"We can't move out yet. Ava needs to rest" Kili argues worriedly.

"I will manage" Ava says stubbornly from next to Kili.

"No, she needs. . ." Kili starts

"Enough! I have said we are moving now. So that is what we will do, Kili" Thorin yells as his patience runs out.
He walks away, with the majority of the company following.
Only Ava, Kili, Fili and I remain behind.

"Why do you rile him up so, Kili. He was in a good mood" I say with a slight tinge of annoyance in my voice.

"He should not be forcing Ava to keep moving. It is not fair on her" Kili answers.

"I am strong enough to move, Kili. This is not the first battle I have been through. Stop being stubborn, we do not want to be left behind" Ava says as she makes her way to the stone steps that lead down the steep, stone structure. I move to follow her down as I know the steps are steep and she will need my help, although she does not like to admit it.

I turn around to see Fili whispering to Kili about something but I am too far away to catch what it is.
"Are you boys coming" Ava calls out impatiently as she glances nervously over the steep drop. Although she tries hard to hide it. I see a hint of fear flash through her eyes. That is a rare
occurrence.

I gratefully take Fili's outstretched hand as he helps me down the steps. The loose gravel on the steps makes it even harder to keep my footing. Kili has taken my place with helping Ava as he is more surefooted than I. Ava would not appreciate me accidentally pushing her down the path. Chances are she would grab my hand at the last second and take me down with her. I am not willing to take those chances.

Once we reach the ground Ava almost collapses to the ground in relief. I roll my eyes at her dramatic side. She will be kissing the ground before I know it.

I casually walk past her and 'accidentally' knock her with my leg. Pushing her over onto her side. She turns her head around and pierces me with a glare that could light a tree on fire.

"Whoops, I didn't see you there" I say sarcasm laced through my tone.

"I'm sure you didn't" She grumbles as she pulls herself up off the ground. Brushing madly at the dirt on her shirt, or rather lack of shirt as she still has her torn one on.
"So what now?" She asks, looking round at the company for an answer.

"I say that first off, you should put a real shirt on. Then we can get moving" I say. "Unless you are complaining of course, Kili?" I ask as I look point blank at Kili's quickly reddening face.

"Oh stop it Adisa. You can tease him once we get moving" Ava says as she looks around for her pack. I notice it is missing however. She must have left it in the goblin cave. She huffs, obviously annoyed at her lack of a pack.

"Does anyone have a spare shirt by chance?" She asks as she looks around the company. They all look around at one another until Fili moves forward from next to me.

"Here" he says as he hands over a spare shirt of his. "It might be a bit big but it's all I have" he continues.

"Thanks, Fili. It's better than nothing" Ava says as she takes the shirt out of his hand and moves away to put it on.
Kili moves to follow but soon realises why she is moving away. He quickly turns and hurries back over to us. I laugh at his face, I think red is his colour.