Chapter 15- Out of the frying pan

Adisa's Pov

A cry escapes me as Ava falls to the floor, unconscious. At the same time a surge of anger flows through me. If the Goblin King was still alive I would personally make sure that he had suffered the same pain as I had, as Ava had, but Ava had bet me to it.

I drop down beside her and try to shake her awake, but nothing happens. Kili drops down beside us and goes to grab Ava but I stop him.

"What are you doing?" I ask in a cautious tone.

Kili ignores me and grabs Ava gently in his arms.
"We don't have time to stop! The company are all far ahead. We need to catch up to them. I thought she might be a bit more comfortable in my arms" he says.

"Fine but be gentle" I say.

"Off course" he replies. We carry on at a gentle jog, which is all that Kili can handle. The company aren't too far away as they had stopped.

"Five, six, seven, eight. Bifur, Bofur. That's ten. Fili, kili, Adisa, Ava and Bombur. That's 15. Where's Bilbo? And why are you carrying Ava, Kili?"

"She passed out from the pain. She was whipped by the Goblin King. We really should stop and tend to her wounds" I say.

"We do not have time, my dear. She will just have to hold on a little longer. She is strong. However I believe I asked you all a question. Where is bilbo? Were is our hobbit?" Gandalf says.

All the dwarves look around but Bilbo is nowhere to be seen. Oh no, I hadn't seen him since we fell into the trap.

"Curse that halfling! Now he's lost!" Dwalin says.

"I thought he was with Dori" Gloin accuses.

"Don't blame me" Dori says.

"Where did you last see him? Gandalf asks.

"I think I saw him slip away when they first collared us" Nori says.

"And what happened exactly" Gandalf says.

"I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it. He has thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door. We will not be seeing our hobbit again, he is long gone" Thorin says.

"Hey, don't talk about bilbo like that. He would never just run away. I have faith in him and you all should too!" I argue. As I finish speaking I notice Ava stirring in Kili's arms.

Ava's Pov

I wake to the feeling of warmth and without thinking I snuggle in closer to the heat and let out a soft sigh. In response I hear loud laughter coming from the source of the warmth.

I jerk up in shock and almost fall out of Kili's arms. Wait, Kili's arms. I look around me in shock. What am I doing here?

"Why am I in your arms?" I ask. As I say this I try to get out but I am locked in place by Kili's strong arms.
"Seriously i'm not a baby, let me go" I continue.

"I would take it easy if I were you, you passed out from the pain and i'm guessing you are still unwell and losing blood, you might have to stay in my arms for a while i'm afraid" Kili says worriedly.

"Yeah don't move too much, you seem to have lost a lot of blood" Adisa adds in as she walks over.

"Can I at least be put down. I think I have enough strength to stand up and I can always lean on you if i'm going to fall, or I can take you down with me" I add in under my breath.

"What did you say?" Kili asks.

"Oh nothing" I say.

"Alright" Kili says with a sigh. He places me down onto the ground. I moan in pain at the movement but send Kili a grateful glance as my feet touch the ground.
"Thank you" I say with a smile. That's when I notice that everyone is looking at me.

"Wait did I interrupt something?" I ask.

Kili is interrupted from responding by a cloaked figure walking out from behind a tree.
"Who's that" I ask as I try to peer at the incoming figure but for once my eyesight fails me and I can't quite make out their features.

"No he isn't" Bilbo says referring to what Thorin said. Adisa lets out a shriek of happiness.

"Bilbo!" she cries out as she runs over and drowns him in a hug.

"Wait, am I missing something, I thought Bilbo was with us" I say as I turn to Kili. The movement unsettles me and I lurch forward and grab hold of Kili's chest to try and steady myself. However it doesn't work to well and I end up with a fistful of Kili's shirt, pulling it down slightly which reveals a well toned, slightly hairy chest.

"Oh, umm, sorry Kili" I say as I pull myself up and pat his shirt down flat. I can feel the redness fill my cheeks and I turn my face away. I never blush. I am acting like a fool which is completely unlike me. It's more like something Adisa would do. However I can't help but stare at his chest and only Adisa's cough knocks me out of my hypnotised state. " Umm sorry, I thought I saw a bug, but it's gone now" I say as I brush his shirt off as if there really was a bug there.

All he does is smirk at me and chuckles so I glare at him in response. Although I have got to say it was quite a nice chest, a very nice chest actually. "Not that I wouldnt want to stare at your chest, it's just that. . ."

"Yes" Kili says with his eyebrow raised as if he's telling me to go on. I can hear Adisa and Fili laughing in the background and I feel my cheeks heat up again.

"Never mind that, let's listen to what Bilbo has to say" I say awkwardly trying to change the topic.

"Oh yeah, Bilbo we had given you up" Kili says as he seems to notice that Bilbo is here.

"How on earth did you get past the goblins?" Fili asks.
I notice that Bilbo is turning something over in his hand. But I shrug it of as just my imagination, or really what is left of my imagination.

"Well, what does it matter?" Gandalf answers.

"It matters, I want to know. Why did you come back?" Thorin asks.

"Look I know you doubt me. I know you always have. And you're right. I often think of Bag-end. I miss my books. And my armchair and my garden. See, it's where I belong. Thats home. And thats why I came back. Because. . . You don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back, if I can" Bilbo says, finishing his little speech.

I'm about to say something in response when a piercing howl suddenly fills the air.
Wargs! I turn around to glance at Kili with wide eyes.

"Out of the frying pan" Thorin says.

"And into the fire. Run! Run!" Gandalf yells.

Authors Note

See I told you that I would update soon. Although this is only a filler chapter but I hope you like it anyway. I cringed when I wrote part of it. The next chapter will be longer and way more full of action. Anyway i'll keep it short. Please vote, comment and follow.

Goodbye :)