Chapter 4- Rain and Orcs

Ava's Pov

I hear the warg cry in the distance and I know they are coming for me.
I run as quickly as I can, I jump over logs and around trees, but i'm still not quick enough, they are coming.
I look over my shoulder, searching for Adisa but she isn't there. I listen for the sound of a dwarfs heavy breathing, but all I hear is silence. I am alone.
The pale orc and warg burst into the clearing, making me back up until I am pinned against a rock. I am trapped. As the warg inches closer I shudder. What is wrong with me? Why aren't I fighting?
Before I know it the warg is upon me. He launches out with his claws and cuts my arm. I cry out in pain. . . Then wake up.

I am shaking, my arm is searing in pain, it feels like a hand is gripping its fingers into my arm.

"Kili" I gasp.

"What? Are you ok?" He says from beside me.

"Let go of my arm" I say through clenched teeth.

"Oh, sorry" he says, releasing the hold he has on my arm from trying to wake me up. For once Adisa isn't the one to wake me up, she is still asleep, which is quite unusual, she is always up before me.

You would think it would be Adisa that has nightmares about orcs and goblins after what happened to her, but no they always happen to me, is it because I am trying to protect Adisa or am I just afraid of being alone. I don't know and I don't have time to find out.

"Ah, thanks for waking me up" I say awkwardly, getting up from where I had been lying down.

"Oh, yeah, that's ok. Do you have these nightmares often?" he asks.

"Yeah, kind of, but it's nothing I can't handle" I say, shrugging it of as I roll up my bedroll and strap it to my pack.

"Sure, it looked like you were handling it just fine" Kili says sarcastically as he helps me strap my weapons on. I want to tell him that I don't need his help but I can't seem to make myself say it. He did wake me up from my nightmare after all.

"Just don't tell Adisa ok, I don't want her worrying" I say as I look back at Kili.

"Fine, but you know you can talk to me about it, right?" he says as he steps forward and places a hand on my shoulder. I take it as a friendly gesture but I still can't help the tingly feeling I get on my shoulder from under his hand. We stay like that for a few moments before I notice that the company has stopped packing up and are all staring at the two of us.

"Yeah, ah, thanks, I'm alright" I say, shrugging his hand off. "I'm gonna just go hunt for some breakfast" I say as I jog out into the forestry.

Adisa's Pov

We have been riding since first light and I am quite glad that I got some extra sleep in the morning. It isn't long before I hear the unmistakeable sound of thunder as rain starts bucketing down. Within seconds I am drenched.

"Master Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge" Dori calls out.

"It is raining master dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done" Gandalf replies. "If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard" Gandalf continues.

"Are there any?" Bilbo asks.

"What?"

"Other wizards"

"There are five of us, the greatest of our order is Saruman, the white, then there are the two blues. You know I've quite forgotten their names" Gandalf says.