Chapter 21- Worst fears

Ava's Pov

"Put her in there" Thranduil orders the guards as they grab me by the arms and gently push me through the dungeon door.

"What am I doing in here father?" I ask as I cling to the bars that separate us.

"I am not your father! No daughter of mine would betray me like that!" He interrupts.

"What are you talking about? I have not wronged you! If anyone should be enraged it should be me, you are the one who banished my mother, for no reason!" I argue loudly.

"There is a reason" Thranduil says under his breath as he draws back. Only with my elven hearing can I hear it.

"Then what is it? Tell me! Give me a reason for my imprisonment!" I yell as my temper flares.

"Enough" He says sharply. "I want two of you here at all times. She does not escape" He orders the guards, they nod in response and move to guard the door.

"I will send someone tomorrow to determine your fate" He says before he strides out the door, his figure casting a striking sight down the corridor.

"Do I not even deserve to hear it from you, Father! Father! . . ." I yell at his receding back but he has already left the dungeon path.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Father you can't make me leave, this is my home!" I argue.

"It is no longer your home, you are no longer welcome here! Leave my presence, I do not want to see you anymore!" He commands.

"But. . ." I stutter.

"Guards" Thranduil interrupts. "If this traitor returns onto my domain you have my permission to shoot on sight" he instructs.

"Father!" I exclaim in shock. How could he do this to his own daughter.
I wish Legolas were here to help him see reason but he is busy scouting around the forest.

"Take her out" He orders the guards without even looking at me. The guards reluctantly stride up to me and move to grab my arms but I shrug them of.

"I'm going, but remember this father, I will never forgive you, you are no father of mine". With that said I storm out of my home and out into the unknown, determined to be with my mother once again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I expect to wake up, but I don't. The dreams continue.

"Mother, mother, where are we going?" I ask as she tugs me by the hand to move faster.

"Somewhere far away from here" she says urgently as she quickens her steps.

"But why mother?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"I do not feel safe here any longer. I can feel a sickness growing and I do not want you or him to be here when it gets worse" mother explains.

"Do you mean father?"I ask, running a few steps to keep up with my mother's hurried strides.

"No, he has made his choice. He will stay" mother explains with a sad sigh.

"Then who do you mean?" I ask, looking up to my mother's beautiful face.

"It does not matter, my dear, here I will give you a leg up" She says as we arrive at the stables. My horse Sidal welcomes me with a whinny before I am boosted onto her back.