Chapter 26- Goodbye

Adisa's Pov

Time seemed to drag on forever as we waited for Thorin and Ava to return. If Ava did return. Kili was still clinging hopelessly to the door of his dungeon, his eyes watching the path where Ava disappeared from our view. Hoping like I do, that she comes back around that corner with a smile on her face ready to tell us the good news. But Ava rarely smiles.

"Fili" I yell out hoping he is close enough to hear me.

"Adisa, are you ok?" Fili yells back causing me to sigh in relief.

"Yes, I'm alright. Have you heard anything about Ava or Thorin?" I ask halfheartedly as I know if they had heard anything I would know already.

"No, but. . . wait, I hear something" Fili says and I press my ear up to the door to hear something. I can see Kili doing the same.

I can slightly hear footsteps approaching and by the sounds of it one of the steps belong to Thorin, his steps being louder than the others. Their is a clang as a door is shut and I can imagine that they are locking Thorin back up, there are no further noises. My heart sinks and I glance over at Kili, he looks back at me and I can see we have come to the same conclusion, Ava has not been brought back.

"Fili, what is happening?" I ask worriedly.

"It's Thorin, he's back" Fili yells back.

"What about Ava?" I ask.

"Thorin says that she was talking to Thranduil when he was taken away. He does not know what is going to happen to her" Fili replies and my heart sinks. I walk back over to the corner of my dungeon and sit down, waiting for time to pass.

Ava's Pov

Legolas walks beside me as the guards lead me back to my cell. We reach the turnoff to head down the the dungeons when Legolas stops the other guards.

"I can take her from here" Legolas instructs the guards and they reluctantly move away, obviously wary to leave me with just Legolas.

"What are you waiting for. Do you doubt your prince" Legolas says sharply. The guards share a look before swiftly moving away.

"We don't have much time. I will give you five minuted to talk to your friends then I have to take you to a special cell" Legolas explains as he pulls me along by my arm.

"Wait, what, your taking me to see my friends?" I ask incredulously.

"Off course, you need to say goodbye" Legolas says and I sigh.

"Yeah, I guess" I say halfheartedly.

"Come, we must hurry" Legolas says as he pulls on my arm so I move faster. Why is he hurrying me, it's happening tomorrow. Unless . . . The thought escapes me as I see Thorin and Balin.

"Ava!" Thorin and Balin exclaim at the same time.

"What happened lass?" Balin asks worriedly.

"What we all hoped wouldn't happen" I say as I give them a sad smile. Legolas moves away so that I can have a bit of privacy.

"Ava. . ." Thorin starts to say but I interrupt him mid-sentence.

"I don't have a lot of time, Thorin" I say once I am sure Legolas is out of earshot.