Chapter 14- Escaping

Adisa's Pov

I'm in shock, I can't move, even if the goblins let go of me, I doubt I would be able to move then. Ava has always been the strong one, the one to look after me. Yet I could not look after her. She risked her life so that I would be safe. She knew how much this place scares me, even though I know it scares her just as much. She isn't scared of this place the same way that I am. She is scared because this place made her the way she is. A ruthless, killing machine.

I look over at Fili and I can tell that he can see the worry written all over my face. He slowly inches over without the goblins noticing. I feel it as his arms wrap around my waist from behind, I sink into his touch and let him comfort me as my mind constantly searches around the possibilties of what would happen if I ever lost Ava.

Ava's Pov

I wake to see a bright light. Really, is this how I die. Whipped to death by some puny goblins. I deserve better than this. All the people that I saved. No matter all the people I killed in the process.

I never thought it would be like this. I always thought I would die heroically in battle. Not tied to a post, helpless.

My hearing slowly comes back to me and I can hear the Goblin King shrieking in surprise. All I can see is the bright light and i'm starting to think that maybe I'm really just crazy. It wouldn't be the first time I thought this.

"You guys see the light as well, aye" I say as I find my voice once again. My voice is croaky and is so quiet that it seems I'm talking to myself.

"It's not just me, right. I mean I know i've lost a bit of blood but I thought it would take a bit more than that to drive me crazy. Actually I already am crazy, but not that crazy" I shut my mouth when I realise I am rambling and people can still not hear me. Maybe i'm not even talking, maybe this is all just a hallucination or maybe i'm just a wacko who talks to herself.

I groan as I pull myself up and I see Adisa's eyes light up as she finally notices that i'm ok. I give her a weak smile and then gasp in shock as I spot the owner of the bright light. Gandalf.

Before I can say anything, Gandalf interrupts me.
"Take up arms. Fight! FIGHT!" he yells.

I struggle against my ropes as I try to get free but all I get are red and puffy wrists. I flinch as pain shots through my back as I reminder about my injury.

"He wields the foehammer! The Beater! Bright as daylight" the Goblin King cries scaredly as he points at Gandalf's sword.

All the dwarves suddenly bounce into action as they run forward to claim their weapons once again. Kili runs forward with my cloak and weapons. Cutting down any goblins that get in his way.

"Are you ok?" He asks worriedly, as he cuts the ropes that connect me to the post, before grabbing my face in his hands and looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, i'll survive. I'm super annoyed though, so you better give me my weapons" I say. He laughs in relief and surprises me by bringing me into a quick hug, being extra careful about my back. I jump in surprise but hug him back.

"Echh, hmm" Adisa interrupts as she fends of goblins near us.
"Sorry to interrupt this sweet and touching moment but we have other things to do right now" she says as she stabs a goblin through it's stomache before rotating around to slice anothers head off.

I smile gratefully and strap on my weapons quickly, with Kili's help.
I wince at the movement but keep my longswords drawn. There is no way that I am missing out on this fight. I have payback to give.

"Follow me! Quick! Run!" Gandalf yells as he starts running down a pathway, knocking down goblins who get in his way.
I follow quickly and slice at a goblin that gets in my way. I have to bare my teeth at the pain and hold onto Kili's arm for support. But I continue to run and slice at goblins as I pass them.